Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

7 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Yup, and consistently win means over several years. Since we haven't had any points to really get behind the team besides a year or two, it needs to be several seasons to build up a fan base for a sport that doesn't have the Minnesota draw like hockey just naturally does.

If this current iteration of the team, or at least its core, can be kept together for 5 years,  I think the wolves will earn some die hards that will keep showing up through the next drought. They are doing things right now. Great time to be a Minnesota Sports fan.

5 minutes ago, RJWSkol24 said:

Why have the Wolves been so bad against the Eastern Conference?  It boggles the mind.

Well, they did completely destroy the Cavs a few weeks ago.

But it is kind of odd. Maybe they put less pressure on themselves because it doesn't matter as much in terms of standings (or if they think something like that)?

31 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

But it is kind of odd. Maybe they put less pressure on themselves because it doesn't matter as much in terms of standings (or if they think something like that)?

This is kinda where I've been at, but yeah it's weird

Just now, The Gnat said:

Growing up I was a UND fan. So I do pay some attention to college hockey, now that the Gophers don't play UND every year, I pay less attention to it, but I do keep track some.

The breakup of the WCHA was really unfortunate, though well in the rear-view mirror now.  Happy to see the UND/UMN rivalry is at least back on the annual agenda, for now.