Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

8 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Me too, but we all know it's true. Obviously the Vikings pain doesn't bother me, but the Wild pain cuts deep.

Yeah I read they got screwed in the first period. Wolves are taking it to overtime so even if they do win they wear themselves out and have no chance vs Golden States.

• Like 1

Three solid games yesterday for Minnesota sports. I thought that the Wild had a shot at it, but the Jets are a good team. It's going to be a tight series from the looks of it though, unlike the Penguins/Flyers.

Was nice that the Wild game wrapped up when it did so that I could catch the end of the Wolves game. That was probably a game that they should have won in regulation, some weird plays at the end for them with whom the ball ended up in the hands of. I love in OT when the Nuggets were trying to get into the head of Wiggins at the free-throw line (where he's really regressed this year), and he just cracked the biggest grin. At that moment you knew there wasn't a chance in hell he was going to miss the shot.

And the Twins made it hard on themselves, but they got the Twin. They have a four game series now against the White Sox starting tonight. Mauer is two hits away from 2k, and hopefully they move tomorrows game to an afternoon game, or they very well might only get in a single game of that series.

2 hours ago, disaacs said:

Really they should have retained the green, but also the North Stars name.  

If we are being real, North Stars never should've left and they should still be playing in Bloomington. I wasn't old enough, but almost everyone I talk to say that they loved the Met Center. Not that they dislike the big Fuse Box, they just all liked the Met.

I practically grew up at the Met Center, since Bloomington is my hometown.  In fact, my high school graduation was held at the Met Center shortly before the North Stars left.  I also lived down the street from the X while they were building it, but moved away before it was finished.

Unfortunately, I will never feel about the Wild what I felt about the North Stars.  They aren't the same...I don't feel the same attachment to Suter and Parise that I felt for Broten, Ciccarelli, Gagner, Frantisek "Frank" Musil...and my favorite players Basil McRae and Shane Churla.  People will say they don't like the fighting...but it's not about the fighting for me...it's about the hard-hitting play....that's what I like.  It's toughness...to me, the game today is too much about pretty play and wide-open skating.  That's not my cup of tea.  I like gritty play.  If I wanted to watch wide-open, pretty skating, I'd turn the channel to watching Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski and Kristi Yamaguchi.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Very great for the Wolves to squeak into the playoffs, the drought is over!

Houston in 5?

Thought Dubnyk played well last night, frustrating getting out-shot 2:1. Will be a fun series to follow.

Houston in 4.  The Wolves don't stand a chance since they have no ability to play even competent defense.  They lost 3 of the games by exactly 18 pts and the other one by 9.  They'll be lucky to come within double-digits in any of them...and I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose at least one of them by 40 pts or more.