Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

10 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Is part of the problem us as fans? Should we verbally and physically assault opposing fans? Make them wish they never showed up in Minnesota? Should we turn into Philadelphia? Seems like it worked for them...

No.... but Minnesota sports fans are kind of clueless in general it seems like. 

Never knowing when to get loud, and are always so flat unless something big is happening

”hey let’s do the wave while we are on offense”

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 4:05 AM, MNPackfan32 said:

Is part of the problem us as fans? Should we verbally and physically assault opposing fans? Make them wish they never showed up in Minnesota? Should we turn into Philadelphia? Seems like it worked for them...

This is pretty nonsensical.... the Wild were the best home team in the NHL this season. The fans aren’t the problem. The problem is the lack of high end offensive talent. 

23 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

No.... but Minnesota sports fans are kind of clueless in general it seems like. 

Never knowing when to get loud, and are always so flat unless something big is happening

”hey let’s do the wave while we are on offense”

I agree. Idk what it is, but I have thought crowds at the X are flat and boring. But that also applies to Lambeau. 

Look at Nashville. The crowd chants, the noise, they are way better. The team needs to be better, but so do our fans.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:05 PM, MNPackfan32 said:

No amount of championships will get me to punch a horse or eat their poop. Philly fans are another breed of something.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I agree. Idk what it is, but I have thought crowds at the X are flat and boring. But that also applies to Lambeau. 

Look at Nashville. The crowd chants, the noise, they are way better. The team needs to be better, but so do our fans.

I think the introductions are week too. Other venues....especially in Chicago make it feel like a rock concert for every player introduced. Win or Lose those fans are in it.

4 hours ago, rpmwr19 said:

the Wild were the best home team in the NHL this season.

Wild had the fewest regulation losses at home, but they weren't the best home team overall: 

• Wild 27-6-8 (62 points)
  • Jets 32-7-2 (66 points)

Penguins had the 2nd most home wins in the NHL this year with 30. Vegas, Tampa and Toronto had 29. 

I dont care what they are. 2 years ago they were one of these worst teams in Hockey.

2 years ago, the Jets had only 3 fewer wins than the Wild, and finished 9 points lower in the standings. 

2015-16: 

• Wild 38-33-11, 87 points
  • Jets 35-39-8, 78 points

Jets picked 2nd in the draft because they won the lottery, they weren't terrible. 

2017-18: 

• Wild 45-26-11, 101 points
  • Jets 52-20-10, 114 points

The difference between the Jets and Wild was bigger this year than in 2015-16. 

Jets had the 2nd best record in the league, 2nd best goal differential in the league, and were top 5 in multiple team stats like score-adjusted CF%. They're the hottest team in the league: 19-4-1 since March 1st. They would've beaten the Wild even with Suter and Parise healthy. 

• Like 2

Fletcher’s bads were very bad (trading Leddy, offloading second round picks like they were going out of style, terrible use of some of the firsts and seconds he kept (Phillips, Bussieres, Bulmer). While his goods were just good, and haven’t been great in the long term; Nino trade good, Staal signing good, Dubnyk trade good.