Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Different times.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but players bolt because the team hasn't been good. A team with Towns, Butler and Irving would be very good.

The teams with Garnett, Marbury, and Gugliotta and Garnett, Cassell and Sprewell were very good too.  I've been down that road before with a guard who leaves because he doesn't want to play second fiddle.   

Edited by disaacs

I like keeping Granlund's deal shorter.  Niederreiter has been more consistent, but Granlund has had the better "top" year.  Shorter deal for the player who's size could prevent him from being a long term NHLer, but rewarding his with more money per year after a good year.

Twins keep on hanging around. I feel like that is what this team needs this year. I don't care that much about reaching the playoffs, but hang around, play meaningful games in September so that players like Sano, Buxton, Rosario, Berrios, and Kepler can get some of that higher pressure experience.

Twins win again and Dozier get his first career grand slam and the first for the Twins this year.

Random Stat: Twins have more complete games than 12 teams combined. Santana has more complete games than 11 teams combined. There are 6 teams that don't have any complete games. Cleveland has 5 complete games, so they are the only team with as many complete games as Santana.

That's what happens when your bullpen has absolutely no depth.  I always have thought the advent of a specialized bullpen cheapened the game.  I absolutely hate the idea of having specialized guys for the 7th and/or 8th inning and then you have to go to a closer in the 9th.

Let the starting pitcher determine whether you even need to use a reliever at all...and for goshsakes, let's go back to the Goose Gossage days where a closer can work more than 1 inning.  A true closer needs to be able to come in tense situations....not a clean slate at the top of the 9th inning.