Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

17 minutes ago, disaacs said:

We still have the same questions as we do about Fleck...it seems that she will be able to recruit, but we'll still need to see if she can coach.  

I think she can. She's learned from some of the best to do it. I'm sure she's already been stealing ideas from Reeve.

Sidetracking some, but I've been on a bit of a Whalen binge and found this video. Fun to look back at that team...

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I'm assuming line drive that was caught, runner diving back into bag and batter running it out like it wasn't caught?

The batter would have to be pretty fast to get to first base before the throw on a hard line drive. I am going to hypothesize a screwed up bunt that popped into the air. Runner was going on the pitch before seeing the bunt get popped up. Runner took off to first in case it wasn't caught. Baserunner expected it to be caught to slammed on the brakes and headed back to first.

I'm not sure about the infield fly rule. I guess it wasn't popped up that high.

Or maybe the ball was chopped and took an early bounce that the runner didn't see and he turned back thinking it was a pop up. I don't know. I am almost tempted to go crack open the play by play.

On 5/13/2018 at 1:39 AM, Klomp said:

4 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I'm assuming line drive that was caught, runner diving back into bag and batter running it out like it wasn't caught?

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

The batter would have to be pretty fast to get to first base before the throw on a hard line drive. I am going to hypothesize a screwed up bunt that popped into the air. Runner was going on the pitch before seeing the bunt get popped up. Runner took off to first in case it wasn't caught. Baserunner expected it to be caught to slammed on the brakes and headed back to first.

I'm not sure about the infield fly rule. I guess it wasn't popped up that high.

Or maybe the ball was chopped and took an early bounce that the runner didn't see and he turned back thinking it was a pop up. I don't know. I am almost tempted to go crack open the play by play.

Cear is closest with that last part. It was chopped to 1st. Mauer threw to 2nd to get out the lead runner. But as he was throwing, the runner turned around and headed back to 1st. The relay got the batter out at 1st.

An explanation I heard was that the lead runner thought Mauer stepped on 1st before throwing to 2nd, which would've eliminated the force out.

2 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Cear is closest with that last part. It was chopped to 1st. Mauer threw to 2nd to get out the lead runner. But as he was throwing, the runner turned around and headed back to 1st. The relay got the batter out at 1st.

An explanation I heard was that the lead runner thought Mauer stepped on 1st before throwing to 2nd, which would've eliminated the force out.

Ah, that makes sense.

4 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Had this conversation with a friend today, interested to see what you guys think.

We all know that Minnesota is in a championship drought, rank them most likely to least likely to break the drought. Wild, Wolves, Vikings and Twins.

Drought? Have you not heard of the greatest women basketball franchise in the world. Ok you're right.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Had this conversation with a friend today, interested to see what you guys think.

We all know that Minnesota is in a championship drought, rank them most likely to least likely to break the drought. Wild, Wolves, Vikings and Twins.

Even if you don't include the greatest WNBA franchise ever, the discussion still isn't close...it's the Vikings.  With the structure of the other leagues as they are, none of the other teams (Twins, Wild, Wolves) are all that close.  They are playoff contenders, but they aren't anywhere near championship contenders...and right now, the Wild are on their way back down to potentially not even being playoff contenders.  Their peak was 2 years ago.  

• Like 1