Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

We might end up getting Gary Trent Jr from Duke back to MN, he's someone who will likely be around when they pick and can hit threes. But basically threes and defense are what the Wolves are looking for.

As for the Wild, right now their biggest issue is the two contracts for Parise and Suter which are eating up a lot. Staal is still around for cheap next year, I believe, but they could move him to get future younger assests as they need to lock in Dumba and possibly Zucker to deals this year.

25 minutes ago, disaacs said:

NHL Draft - Unfortunately, I still believe that the Wild's window has passed, so they just need to draft better talent, and quit trading away draft picks.  I'm not sure who stays or goes, but evenso, they aren't winning a Cup with the roster as currently comprised, and small moves aren't going to change that.  I imagine, though, that Nino is going to have to go, since he has actual trade value.  I'm not sure how many others (at least of the veteran players) do. 

I tend to agree about the window passing.

I may be in the minority but I'd be strongly shopping Staal and Zucker as they probably have the most trade-value.

12 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

As for the Wild, right now their biggest issue is the two contracts for Parise and Suter which are eating up a lot.

I remember being so excited when they signed. Their contracts are tough to get out of. Really wish the NMC was not a thing. 

Twins needed to send Sano down. I think the reason we're seeing Single A is to get him killing the ball faster, and also able to track what he is doing more so than they would be able to in another setting. I also hope that he primarily works at 1B, an infield of Sano - Gordon - Polanco - Escobar next year would look pretty solid. Clearly I don't see the Twins retaining Dozier, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see them move him sooner rather than later.

I could also see the Twins  possibly trying to move someone like Lance Lynn as well. Robbie Grossman is probably  the next best trade piece on the team, unfortunately, unless they decide to move Odorizzi, which I don't see happening.