Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

It'll be interesting to see if anything comes from that for the Wolves. Maybe trade Wiggins for a pick, ha. I don't mind them being somewhat aggressive about adding an additional pick. It makes sense for them to try and grab a couple of shooters if they can.

I follow the NBA draft a bit. As a Bulls fan I’m happy with the way things turned out. They filled their two biggest needs with pretty high upside players. I think Carter can be an Al Horford type player, and Hutchison has a pretty solid 3 and D wing profile.

I like the first round pick well enough. Okogie is a good defensive player who, if he plays with consistency could be a very good NBA defensive player, and he has ability to shoot the three.

Bates-Diop is the shooter that they took. I think that they got a couple of wing players like they were looking for in this draft, and I think that both of them should be rotational pieces.

Now I'm curious to see what they do with the rest of the off season. I in some ways expect them to move on from Gourgi and Cole, so it'll be interesting to see what they look like next year, if they can find another 3 point shooter to help space the floor for Wiggins/Butler.

58 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Bates-Diop is the shooter that they took. I think that they got a couple of wing players like they were looking for in this draft, and I think that both of them should be rotational pieces.

So Thibs will give them about 3 minutes a game?

• Like 1

Multiple NHL executives tell The Athletic that pending restricted free agent Jason Zucker and fellow forwards Nino Niederreiter and Charlie Coyle have found their names smack in the middle of persistent trade talk.

https://theathletic.com/402938/2018/06/21/wild-trade-talks-jason-zucker-nino-niederreiter-charlie-coyle-paul-fenton-gm/

I fully well believe that Niederreiter will go since he is eminently replaceable.  I would be disappointed if he moves Zucker, since he appears to be at least on the cusp of being a very good player.   

Edited by disaacs