Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Interesting rumored trade from Michael Russo that would have cleared a lot of cap space for the team, but it’s impossible now that Max Domi was trade to MTL for Alex Galchenyuk

Nino - Zucker - Ennis for Christian Dvorak and Max Domi. 

Domi/Dvorak is quite the step down from Nino/Zucker but it definitely would have been a shakeup and given us cap space to play with in free agency and no money left on Ennis’ contract. A move like that would have had to have a secondary move attached to it... otherwise it would have been an ugly trade for us. 

While I would have preferred if the Wild had gone offensive focus in the 1st round, I feel like their later offensive focus in the 3rd+ round makes up for picking D in round one.

Also, not a great weekend for the Twins, but Berrios with a gem on Sunday. He's been a great pitcher this year for the most part for the Twins. Last four starts hasn't given up more than two runs in the start. Also Rosario is still hitting so well. The Twins likely won't get two All-Stars or three, but they could with Rosario, Rodney, and Berrios.

The Wild extended qualifying offers to Jason Zucker, Matt Dumba and Nick Seeler prior to Monday’s deadline, allowing general manager Paul Fenton to retain negotiating rights as he determines what to do with all three players long term.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/06/25/wild-make-qualifying-offers-to-jason-zucker-matt-dumba-and-nick-seeler/

20 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Any idea on the terms of these qualifying offers?

QOs are one year contract placeholders. For Zucker and Dumba it’s exactly what they made last year. For Seeler it’s a 5% raise I believe. 

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Pretty brave thing to do. As far as I am aware of he is only the 4th professional athlete in North America to come out as gay (Robbie Rogers, Jason Collins and Michael Sam being the others).

We're all GAY for MNUFC

Sweet seats but what a disappointing result. So many missed opportunities. I think the wingers were playing too far back, maybe I'm just not a fan of that formation though.

Alexi Gomez is my new favorite player.

u9WUFVk.jpg

Ramirez stares into your soul

vb0vEDf.jpg

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Sweet seats but what a disappointing result. So many missed opportunities. I think the wingers were playing too far back, maybe I'm just not a fan of that formation though.

Alexi Gomez is my new favorite player.

This formation just had two wingbacks instead of two wingers and two fullbacks, which is why they were playing back. Technically defenders. The called the formation a 3-5-2, but really it is 5-3-2.

Alexi Gomez is...... improving? He has been hot garbage since we got him, but in the last two games he has been asked to play more as a defensive player, and has looked a bit better. 

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Alexi Gomez is...... improving? He has been hot garbage since we got him, but in the last two games he has been asked to play more as a defensive player, and has looked a bit better. 

I just like him cause he’s Peruvian. 

Darwin showed a lot of good ball skills and was fun to watch but looked kinda lazy at times too, probably just frustration though. 

Edited by skywindO2