Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

I like the Peteryn add. Hopefully he and Seeler can give us a better bottom pair than we’ve had in recent years. Both are willing to be physical and clear the crease. 

Its nice to sign fourth line players to fourth line deals (unlike the Foligno contract). Fehr, Hendricks, Brown all can handle fourth line duty or be an extra forward and not need to play every game. 

Still need to make a shake up move via trade, start slotting Koivu in as a third liner, and pray Suter can play. 

• Like 1

Blow it all up. Trade them all and build for the last year of Lebron's contract. 

On another note, I'm done with the NBA. Golden State could conceivably go undefeated and, barring injury, walk through the playoffs to sweep the Eastern Conference winner. What's the point? They need to break up the super teams.

7 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Blow it all up. Trade them all and build for the last year of Lebron's contract. 

On another note, I'm done with the NBA. Golden State could conceivably go undefeated and, barring injury, walk through the playoffs to sweep the Eastern Conference winner. What's the point? They need to break up the super teams.

I do agree to a certain point.  And it's a tremendous failure of the Commissioner's Office, dating back to Stern.  He set up the league to eventually go this way with the marketing of individual players rather than the franchises, although it's taken a lot longer to get to this point than even I expected.  They may as well do away with the individual location of franchises and set up sponsored franchises (with naming rights sold off to the highest bidder), because the location of the teams has become irrelevant.  

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Not really sure I believe it. Seems pretty sensationalized. 

That writer went on KFAN today, ripping longtime MN journalists.

That was in response to this tweet, apparently:

Edited by Klomp

The NBA has always been monopolized by one or two teams. Out of the 72 years it’s been in existence, 5 teams have won 50 of the championships. The Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Warriors, and Spurs.

It’s a joke of a league because of the draft lottery, and soft cap. 

Edited by rpmwr19
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

The NBA has always been monopolized by one or two teams. Out of the 72 years it’s been in existence, 5 teams have won 50 of the championships. The Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Warriors, and Spurs.

It’s a joke of a league because of the draft lottery, and soft cap. 

Its almost like they don't want the bad teams to get better.  Personally I think they need to implement 2 franchise tags so players can stop forcing their way out, it'd be nice to actually see what teams can do knowing they have their best 2 players locked in as long as they wanted them to