Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

43 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Didn't realize that Wiggins and KAT didn't like Butler.

Nobody does. Good luck to whatever team gets him. He's all about Jimmy Butler. Blowing up the Timberbulls will be a good thing. Hopefully we can hang on to Towns. But I wouldn't blame him if he left this dumpster fire.

• Like 1

He’s not all about Jimmy Butler. Wiggins and KAT don’t like being called out for not trying their hardest. When it’s apparent to fans that they don’t give effort, imagine what a guy like Jimmy Butler that’s built his career on defensive effort has to say in practice.

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

He’s not all about Jimmy Butler. Wiggins and KAT don’t like being called out for not trying their hardest. When it’s apparent to fans that they don’t give effort, imagine what a guy like Jimmy Butler that’s built his career on defensive effort has to say in practice.

Not every player is built the same way, nor should they be expected to. That's why it's a TEAM game. But not for Jimmy, apparently. "Worklike me, or you're not worthy to be on my team" is essentially what he's saying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Not every player is built the same way, nor should they be expected to. That's why it's a TEAM game. But not for Jimmy, apparently. "Worklike me, or you're not worthy to be on my team" is essentially what he's saying.

Yep. Kind of interesting how he has had issues with teammates his whole time he has been in the NBA. Maybe Jimmy is the problem?

I'll still contend that, to this point, Butler is the second-best Timberwolves player ever.

I think Butler will be gone and there's a good chance Thibs will be gone by this time next year too. But while I was happy we made the original deal (and would probably still do it), I'm happy to see this drama hopefully coming to an end over the next year.

Why shouldn’t he demand the most of his teammates. No, every player is t built the same way, but if EFFORT is in question that’s not a Butler problem and I will never understand defending players that don’t give maximum effort. Maybe screaming and drilling doesn’t work for everyone, but that is a Thibs thing. I have zero problem with players calling out teammates for lack of effort.

Edited by JDBrocks

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Why shouldn’t he demand the most of his teammates. No, every player is t built the same way, but if EFFORT is in question that’s not a Butler problem and I will never understand defending players that don’t give maximum effort. Maybe screaming and drilling doesn’t work for everyone, but that is a Thibs thing. I have zero problem with players calling out teammates for lack of effort.

My most and your most aren't the same. Just because mine may not be up to your level doesn't mean I'm not giving my all.

If you think Wiggins and KAT are giving it their all I don’t know what games you are watching. Wiggins has all of the athleticism in the world. He should be one of the most dominant defenders in the world. Instead is has been average at best and often a liability. Wiggins’s brother tweets “hallelujah” after the news. Sounds like someone didn’t like being called out for being lazy.

Calling out teammates publicly is always bad. It’s just not what good leaders do. 

And if you’re demanding the most out of your teammates, there’s the right, and the wrong way to do that. Being a jackass about it, which has been Butler’s approach for his whole career, is the wrong way to do it. Just like Thibs. It must be why Butler and Thibs get along so well. 

I don't think we will agree here. Try to think of what Wiggins or Towns might be if either of them gave as much effort as Butler did to become the kind of player that he is. That's got to be immensely frustrating for a guy with Butler's background.

I don't know where you got "whole career" from, because he's beloved in Chicago. 

Edited by JDBrocks