Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

43 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I like PJ Fleck, I think he’s great for the program, and he’s an excellent recruiter. But I seriously question his skills in regards to the X’s and O’s. 

Well that's mostly up to the coordinators

On 10/20/2018 at 6:35 PM, Klomp said:

Well that's mostly up to the coordinators

Agreed.  I'm not sure that he does much of the Xs and Os work.  And considering he was a WR, I'm not sure how much he puts into the defense, so he has to rely on his coordinator there for most of the work...and right now, he's clearly not doing a good job there.  

29 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Woofs won last night, I actually watched the game a little bit between episodes of Tree House of Horror that I've already seen and the Monday Night Football game. They've looked okay thus far from what I've seen.

2-0 with Jimmy Butler, 0-2 without.

Interesting option, I don't know what people have thought of him as a coach up to this point. He was definitely a player whose career was cut shorter by injuries.Seems like an interesting option though for the Twins, but probably one that local media and fans might have an issue with because he isn't a big name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Interesting option, I don't know what people have thought of him as a coach up to this point. He was definitely a player whose career was cut shorter by injuries.Seems like an interesting option though for the Twins, but probably one that local media and fans might have an issue with because he isn't a big name.

I only know of him as a player...I think he might have been a rookie when I last paid some attention to baseball (although even then, it still wasn't much, as the 1994 strike did me in as a real fan).

I see he lists one of his interests as fishing...even though he's an East Coast guy, he may be able to fit in.  He's also interested in racing thoroughbreds...I'm sure PA will want him in on his horse ownership with Norv and Stalock.  

Edited by swede700

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Honestly, does any one really care? Tony La Russa couldn’t fix this team.

As long as the Pohlad’s control the team, nothing is going to change. 

As long as we have to compete with the Yankees and Red Sox buying all the top free agents. Baseball is nothing but the Yankees and Red Sox with the occasional team sneaking in there and playing well. Those 2 are like the Golden State. All the best players want to play for those 2 teams.                       

32 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

As long as we have to compete with the Yankees and Red Sox buying all the top free agents. Baseball is nothing but the Yankees and Red Sox with the occasional team sneaking in there and playing well. Those 2 are like the Golden State. All the best players want to play for those 2 teams.                       

Except that the Golden State domination will eventually end.  The way the economics of baseball work, the Yankees and Red Sox dominating the baseball landscape will never end.

• Like 2

I haven’t watched a single baseball game this year, other than the one I went to at Target Field. First time there. Probably the last until they’re competitive again. I haven’t watched the World Series in close to a decade. That’s because of the competitive imbalance. It’s no fun to watch when your team is essentially eliminated from contention in May.