Sign in to follow this  
Heimdallr

Gophers, Wolves and Loons, oh my! (MN Sports Thread)

13 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, two comeback wins by both teams. Gophers needed that win against a better team in my opinion. And the Wolves, I guess Jimmy Butler was the problem?

Jimmy Butler never has understood what being a leader actually means.  

D'Backs are shopping Zack Greinke, would you trade for him if you were the Twins? He's been extremely good for a while now. I think that I would give up a few high minor league players for him, and I'd even consider moving Kepler for him.

12 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

D'Backs are shopping Zack Greinke, would you trade for him if you were the Twins? He's been extremely good for a while now. I think that I would give up a few high minor league players for him, and I'd even consider moving Kepler for him.

I remember the mess he was when he came up with the Royals...at least it seems that he's turned his life around.  Since I haven't watched baseball in years, I have no opinion on whether I'd trade for him, but I'm just happy that he's still around.  

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I remember the mess he was when he came up with the Royals...at least it seems that he's turned his life around.  Since I haven't watched baseball in years, I have no opinion on whether I'd trade for him, but I'm just happy that he's still around.  

Yeah, he's turned it around big time.

He's getting up there in years now, but has still been pitching well and has three more years on his deal, so would probably be a good #1 or #2 starter throughout the rest of his deal.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, two comeback wins by both teams. Gophers needed that win against a better team in my opinion. And the Wolves, I guess Jimmy Butler was the problem?

Jimmy Butler was making himself a problem.

Yes, he'll still be one of the 2 or 3 best pitchers on the roster, no matter how far Berrios progresses. That said, it depends on the price, and on him waiving his no trade to come to a not all that good team. So I don't have my hopes up.

2 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Yes, he'll still be one of the 2 or 3 best pitchers on the roster, no matter how far Berrios progresses. That said, it depends on the price, and on him waiving his no trade to come to a not all that good team. So I don't have my hopes up.

Good news is that Mauer’s contract is off the books. Hopefully that money goes somewhere other than the Pohlad’s pockets. 

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I probably wouldn't.  To me it depends on how close you think this team is to competing for a Championship because Greinke is in his final years so there probably won't be much value after those 3 years and unless the Twins plan on doing something this year or next I don't think you give away any pieces for an older player who has no future which is when I think we'll be a contender atleast with the way the roster is put together right now, that could change with a signing or two & a trade for a Greinke level talent at the top of your rotation.

Edit: Obviously if the price is low I'd make a deal reguardless but I don't think that will be the case.

Edited by Boda

Close win for the Wild last night. Just scored a few goals finally. I need to go checkout the highlights.

I'm assuming that's sarcasm.  

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I'm assuming that's sarcasm.  

Just a wee bit. That was some nice breakaway goal by Parise to end is nice.