Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'll be honest and do say I don't watch it any longer, but I watched for most of my childhood and up into my early 30s.  It has never changed...and it has always had pre-planned outcomes.  I knew that when I was 10, and I knew it when I was 35.  It certainly was entertaining, which is why I watched it, but eventually, I had to prioritize other things in my life...like my children.  I couldn't afford to spend my time watching it.  And I'm sorry, it was more cheesy with the made-up soap opera stuff when I stopped watching it than the over-the-top nature of the era of the Iron Sheik, Hulk Hogan,  Jesse the Body, and Bobby the Brain Heenan.  They didn't take themselves all that seriously and looked like they were having fun.  

If I want to watch a soap opera, then I'll turn on Days of Our Lives and see how the Bradys are doing, as I'm sure they're still having internal rifts just like they did 25 years ago the last time I watched that, not a wrestling show.  Is Roman dead again?

If you enjoy the wrestling soap opera show, then that's fine.  It's just not my cup of tea.  At least, I don't call you ignorant.  You can be a little more respectful than that.  

LOL you want me to be respectful yet you don't show me the same? Sorry but you get exactly what you give and you ARE being ignorant on  this subject. Hopefully you understand the meaning of the word ignorant as you just admitted you don't watch yet you were commenting on something you know nothing about.  Let that sink in for a moment.

I like to watch good wrestling(I don't stick to just the WWE) with good story lines which is what the problem in todays WWe is, not the announcing its the writing and the horrible no sense story lines.  Ive watching for around 30 years except 5 or so years in my early 20's I know exactly what Im getting when I watch its no different then you watching football or any other show.  You can say you prioritize different things like your kids(Implying I don't ... idk... But I have kids as well.) but finding 5 hrs or roughly 3 hrs  per week between the 2 shows if you don't watch live and fast forward) isn't really that hard to do but hey its your life and your time so you do you

Also pretty bad joke about Roman who is dealing with Cancer right now but again its your life, stay classy & do you

Edited by Boda

Outside of my first comment, which was really made in jest (I apologize to you for not making that clear), I never called you a name.  And I do understand what the term ignorant means.  But, I don't believe that was the context in which you used it.  You didn't just call me ignorant...you called me an ignorant ****.  That's not the same.

I think I stopped watching wrestling after the “agression Era”? Is that what it’s called?

basically where every night where there was a bunch of blood and the superstars were much bigger “figures”

I actually stopped watching when I got “bored” not sure if that’s the right term or not, just the storylines I was never a fan of after a while and it drove me out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, swede700 said:

Outside of my first comment, which was really made in jest (I apologize to you for not making that clear), I never called you a name.  And I do understand what the term ignorant means.  But, I don't believe that was the context in which you used it.  You didn't just call me ignorant...you called me an ignorant ****.  That's not the same.

Damn everyone is so damn sensitive even on the internet.  

Ignorant:

lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.

Also FWIW, how can you claim I called you a name if you dont even know what the word Ignorant meant?

Telling you how you sound(which I was correct about btw) isn't calling you a name, I don't use ignorant as a name calling measure, once again Im not 10 anymore, Im just a man who's tired of having to talk a certain way because everyone gets offended by any little thing & this is no different, but for someone who is so "offended" you sure did come at me very condescending, trying to act like I don't know what Wrestling is when in fact it was you who had no idea about this matter, maybe you can talk to your kids that way without having a clue but not another grown adult otherwise you better expect to get what you give. I wouldn't go commenting on things I know nothing about like Hockey for instance I watched it 20 some odd years ago but Im not going to go in there talking smack about it because I watched all them years ago thinking I knew what was up, if I did Id be an ignorant ****.  But hey it is what it is I'll move on and hopefully you can do the same.  

Edited by Boda

11 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I think I stopped watching wrestling after the “agression Era”? Is that what it’s called?

basically where every night where there was a bunch of blood and the superstars were much bigger “figures”

I actually stopped watching when I got “bored” not sure if that’s the right term or not, just the storylines I was never a fan of after a while and it drove me out.

It was the Attitude ERA, I stopped watching towards the end of that because I just kind of lost interest in the story lines as well, thats what the problem is today but I know exactly what Im getting when I watch. There are good matches put on now a days & WWE is ushering in a new era as we speak, not really sure what thats going to bring but theyre trying to promote new matches and that the WWE Universe is going to start to have a lot of say in matches & whos being pushed, now if this ends up being true or not I don't know, Im skeptical to say the least but if nothing else the Women can actually wrestle now & they put on very good matches( well for the most part)  

The worst part for me outside of the story telling which could actually be a direct result of this but its the fact that WWE is PG, so theres only so much they can do, they should have never done away with blood & many other things but I'll stop rambling as no one besides me is a fan here or at least I don't think so

4 hours ago, Boda said:

The worst part for me outside of the story telling which could actually be a direct result of this but its the fact that WWE is PG, so theres only so much they can do, they should have never done away with blood & many other things but I'll stop rambling as no one besides me is a fan here or at least I don't think so

I think it has less to do with them doing away with blood, but more with Vince  McMahon moving away from any sort of long term story planning. He pulls the plug so quickly and changes directions so quickly on different wrestlers to try and keep wrestling popular that he ends up hurting wrestling because you can't get great character work and well put together story lines. You just get kind of weird Vince McMahon stuff, and when you watch the developmental stuff that Triple H is basically 100% in charge of and that Vince doesn't touch, the story lines are better and the wrestling is a higher quality as well. Vince just doesn't know how wrestling works well anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

this makes me realize how bad the timberwolves have been at finding and keeping talent. 

I realize it’s a “fairly” young franchise, but Wiggins is 23 years old and the 3rd all time points scorer? 

One of those things that surprises you, but really shouldn’t.

Okay, that's a wee bit crazy. Especially since last year he wasn't that great. This year he's stepped up his game some. But I guess it makes sense. I would have that that Tom Gugliotta might have been up there but beyond him, not sure who else I would have thought would have been on the list.  But I guess Gugs was around less time than I thought he was.

Basketball reference:

1.Kevin Garnett 19201

2.Sam Mitchell 7161

3.Andrew Wiggins 7026

4.Kevin Love 6989

5.Wally Szczerbiak 6777

6.Doug West 6216

7.Karl-Anthony Towns 6138

8.Tony Campbell 4888

9.Christian Laettner 4759

10.Isaiah Rider 4315

Towns might be top 3 by the end of the year.

12 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I think it has less to do with them doing away with blood, but more with Vince  McMahon moving away from any sort of long term story planning. He pulls the plug so quickly and changes directions so quickly on different wrestlers to try and keep wrestling popular that he ends up hurting wrestling because you can't get great character work and well put together story lines. You just get kind of weird Vince McMahon stuff, and when you watch the developmental stuff that Triple H is basically 100% in charge of and that Vince doesn't touch, the story lines are better and the wrestling is a higher quality as well. Vince just doesn't know how wrestling works well anymore.

I can definitely see that & do believe that has something to do with it as well.  I also agree that NXT is far superior to Raw or Smackdown.  Curious where they go once Vince either passes(most likely) or gives up control.  Will HHH / Steph / Shane be in charge by themselves or will they share that responsibility & have some sort of Triangle of Authority

1 minute ago, Boda said:

I can definitely see that & do believe that has something to do with it as well.  I also agree that NXT is far superior to Raw or Smackdown.  Curious where they go once Vince either passes(most likely) or gives up control.  Will HHH / Steph / Shane be in charge by themselves or will they share that responsibility & have some sort of Triangle of Authority

It'll be interesting, but I don't think that Shane will actually have that much control. I don't think Shane has ever had or will ever have that much control, just don't feel like Vince likes him. I suspect that it will be mainly Triple H running the show with Stephanie doing some stuff as a figure head around the women's division, and Shane probably still "running" Smackdown, but mainly there to have a WrestleMania match and to fall off something tall throughout the year. I also really hope that they do factions so that it means they can give their wrestlers a bit more time off so the can theoretically put on better matches, and then so they can work on elevating some of the lower wrestlers because they are a part of a faction and make their matches mean something.

• Like 1

Just a few more Wolves things:

Besides KG obviously leading in basically every offensive category for the franchise:

KAT is already #3 for Rebounds, #7 for points, #3 for blocks, behind KG and Gorgui in the block category and will pass Gorgui in a day.

• Like 1

Tony Campbell was the best.  I used to love playing as him on my Game Boy in the NBA All-Star Challenge.  God, I miss those days.  The team was bad, but, by gosh did they play hard.  Campbell, West, Mitchell, Richard Coffey, Ty Corbin, Tod Murphy.