Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

9 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I only got 5 correct. 😂. I gotta be the least informed MN sports fan on FF...wow!! 

Nah, maybe just the unluckiest. I felt like I was blindly guessing on most of the questions. Even on the football questions it felt like informed guesses more than knowing. I got 13/20 a couple days ago when I took it. Having looked up nothing and learned nothing since I justs decided to take the same quiz again. My guesses didn't go as well this time. I only got 8/20. So, just go guess again and you'll probably get a different score.

4 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Nino traded to Carolina for Victor Rask. Both have pretty big contracts, Rask is a year younger and about 1.5 mil cheaper per year. But mainly big contract for big contract trade.

Well, I guess I can't call my fantasy hockey team next year the Neider-Wrongers like I did this year.  

18 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Nino traded to Carolina for Victor Rask. Both have pretty big contracts, Rask is a year younger and about 1.5 mil cheaper per year. But mainly big contract for big contract trade.

Younger, cheaper, and plays center instead of wing. I like that move. Rask takes a lot fewer penalties too. 

The team is aging at center, with no viable replacement options currently panning out, Nino is having back to back pretty poor years. 

This gives us cap space, a younger, but still veteran, center for the middle six, and is a player who was a 20 goal scorer as a 22 year old. A change of scenery worked for a few years for Nino. Maybe it works for this kid.

Carolina has been a pretty putrid franchise in the recent past, maybe getting Rask out of there helps him get back to a 15-20 goal scorer. Having that at center is more valuable than what Nino has brought in recent years. Fans are making Nino’s value out to be more than it really is. The cap space in additional to a potential scoring center is worth moving on from Nino with his current level of production. 

15 hours ago, RpMc said:

The team is aging at center, with no viable replacement options currently panning out, Nino is having back to back pretty poor years. 

This gives us cap space, a younger, but still veteran, center for the middle six, and is a player who was a 20 goal scorer as a 22 year old. A change of scenery worked for a few years for Nino. Maybe it works for this kid.

Carolina has been a pretty putrid franchise in the recent past, maybe getting Rask out of there helps him get back to a 15-20 goal scorer. Having that at center is more valuable than what Nino has brought in recent years. Fans are making Nino’s value out to be more than it really is. The cap space in additional to a potential scoring center is worth moving on from Nino with his current level of production. 

The logic behind it makes sense, especially if they're gearing up for another move with the salary gained by the move.

Always sucks when a fan favorite, from my perspective at least, is traded. 

I mean they haven't scored a goal since they've traded him!!! :D

Time to scrap the Coyle experiment next. It's a joke that he's still here. If moving Nino was the right move, time to cut bait with everyone who is underperforming. 

Blow this whole thing up. Move basically everything we have, try to add things for the future to try to build around Kaprizov. 

15 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Time to scrap the Coyle experiment next. It's a joke that he's still here. If moving Nino was the right move, time to cut bait with everyone who is underperforming. 

Blow this whole thing up. Move basically everything we have, try to add things for the future to try to build around Kaprizov. 

Can't do that til he comes over... and if you just blow it up, you're not really making it appealing for him.  No qualms with trading Coyle, or blowing it up, but let's not bank on building around someone who may never come.

9 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Can't do that til he comes over... and if you just blow it up, you're not really making it appealing for him.  No qualms with trading Coyle, or blowing it up, but let's not bank on building around someone who may never come.

All about cash. Fly over with a duffle bag this offseason and I'd bet he is here this fall for the 19-20 season. Money talks and BS walks.

Kaprizov and Granny would be fun together, but we are a long ways away from being a legitimate contender imo.

1 minute ago, MNPackfan32 said:

All about cash. Fly over with a duffle bag this offseason and I'd bet he is here this fall for the 19-20 season. Money talks and BS walks.

Kaprizov and Granny would be fun together, but we are a long ways away from being a legitimate contender imo.

If it were all about money, he would have come over before he signed the deal to stay in KHL for three more years.