Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

I'm in agreement with you to a point.  Coyle should be an attractive piece as a deadline player because of his cheap contract and ability to mix into the middle six as a wing or center, Staal would instantly give teams a jump in a middle six center spot with some ability to punch in goals, and Dubynk could be of interest to a team like San Jose.  I wouldn't sell them cheaply, but i'd sell them for their current value (2nd or 3rd round picks).

Spurgeon should take no less than a first and a good prospect if a team wants him; Zucker is someone I'd be leery to trade just because he's the one player on the roster who's shown the ability to put the puck in the net over the last few years (other than Staal).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

I'm in agreement with you to a point.  Coyle should be an attractive piece as a deadline player because of his cheap contract and ability to mix into the middle six as a wing or center, Staal would instantly give teams a jump in a middle six center spot with some ability to punch in goals, and Dubynk could be of interest to a team like San Jose.  I wouldn't sell them cheaply, but i'd sell them for their current value (2nd or 3rd round picks).

Spurgeon should take no less than a first and a good prospect if a team wants him; Zucker is someone I'd be leery to trade just because he's the one player on the roster who's shown the ability to put the puck in the net over the last few years (other than Staal).

Yep and Spurgeon and Zucker have very valuable traits. The part that scares me with trading Zucker is, the Wild are already a pretty slow team. Then take Zucker away? Yikes.

I agree, I'd have to get a haul for Spurgeon, but somebody might be willing to pay it for his skillset.