Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

39 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

And why would the Wolves make that deal? I guess I don’t see where Simmons would make the Wolves better. 

I guess you create a Twin Towers situation ala Ralph Sampson and Hakeem...and then if they somehow manage to get the #1 overall pick, you get Cunningham at 1, Edwards at 2, McDaniels at 3, and Simmons/Towns at the 4/5....maybe?  

That offer would have been considered ridiculous a few months ago. Simmons is a pretty talented player and a great defender,  but could understand not wanting to pay 30+ million a year for someone who can't shoot. It would be a gamble.

46 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I dont want anything to do with Ben Simmons, Nothing at all.

You would know better than I...I don't follow the NBA much, if at all...I probably haven't watched a NBA game since Garnett was wearing a Wolves uniform (the first time). 

The only reason I know anything about any of the players is by what other people say about them. I thought Simmons was supposed to be a great player...but then I heard he has only made a shot outside of 10 ft 5 times in the playoffs ever.  But he is nearly 7 ft tall...back in the day, centers hardly ever took shots from beyond 10 ft either.  I know the game is different now, but is it really all that bad when, from what I know, the Wolves actually need guys who can play defense.  Sometimes you need a Ben Wallace type guy...and Simmons sounds like a Ben Wallace guy, but one that can actually score points.  They've already got several guys that can take the scoring load in the 4th quarter.  They need someone who can defend.      

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

You would know better than I...I don't follow the NBA much, if at all...I probably haven't watched a NBA game since Garnett was wearing a Wolves uniform (the first time). 

The only reason I know anything about any of the players is by what other people say about them. I thought Simmons was supposed to be a great player...but then I heard he has only made a shot outside of 10 ft 5 times in the playoffs ever.  But he is nearly 7 ft tall...back in the day, centers hardly ever took shots from beyond 10 ft either.  I know the game is different now, but is it really all that bad when, from what I know, the Wolves actually need guys who can play defense.  Sometimes you need a Ben Wallace type guy...and Simmons sounds like a Ben Wallace guy, but one that can actually score points.  They've already got several guys that can take the scoring load in the 4th quarter.  They need someone who can defend.      

I dont really follow basketball that closely either it just kinda bores me but will watch some of the playoffs and finals, but I do know he cant hit a shot or a free throw to save his life and with him eventually being a max contract type of guy thats a hard pass for me, You gotta be able to do a lot more than just defend if youre a PG in this league

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Simmons isn’t a center, he’s more like a PG (who can’t shoot) in the body of an athletic PF. He’s not an interior defender like Wallace but a great perimeter defender who can guard every position.

1 hour ago, Worm Guts said:

Simmons isn’t a center, he’s more like a PG (who can’t shoot) in the body of an athletic PF. He’s not an interior defender like Wallace but a great perimeter defender who can guard every position.

True, honestly though I would take into consideration Ben Simmons for Karl Anthony Towns.  Oddly enough they are basically the same size.  Sure Ben Simmons had an awful post seasons but is a far superior defensive player and could be a hell of a matchup if he played PF on D, hell could defend almost all positions is a 1st team All NBA defender on a team that pretty much no one defends outside of Okogie and Vanderbilt.  But offensively sure it does not make sense but I would consider it for a short time.

Crazy thing is Karl is only one year older than Simmons, seems like Karl has been in the NBA forever and outside of putting up good stats has done nothing in terms of winning anything.  

Still Ant should have won the rookie of the year, he played more games than LaMelo, 20+ more and scored more.  Sure some might not be impressed with that but based on how slow Edwards started, averaging 19 a game is crazy impressive considering he went through stretches of very small scoring days early on, one was 5 games in a row with a combined 27 points total.  Then his final month or more he have tons of big number games and scored over 40 twice in three months.