Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

19 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The Timberwolves need to trade KAT this summer. 

The guy is a embarrassment.  Complains constantly to the refs, is out of shape, slow up and down the court, does not play defense and is a ball hog.  Team was better without him and McDaniels was the PF.  No clue how they thought Towns and slow Gobert on the same team was a good idea.  And both are getting $38 and $33 mil this year.....  Pretty sad for a team who might not even get into the playoffs and even if they do they will lose right away.

I still wish they would have honestly not got Gobert, instead got Kessler and kept Vanderbilt.  Kessler does pretty similar things to Gobert and is 10 times cheaper!  Trading Towns ontop of that would have been ideal and built around Anthony Edwards.

Towns is a must go but who the hell wants him, he is garbage and not a very good player.  Sure he can shoot but honestly what is he like 6-8, he is listed at 7-0 but if he cut his hair and took off his shoes, no WAY he is 7-0 tall, absolutely no way!

They brought in Russell because he and Towns were buddies, now traded Russell because he defends no one, well how about get the real problem and trade Towns and or get rid of the dude.   Sucks they got rid of Beverly, I liked his leadership and energy and he is doing well on the Bulls currently when they make a run for the playoffs.  

Wolves are in trouble though, McDaniels and Reid are two players who do not even get paid $3 mil a year and obviously should be getting a lot more than they are.    And Conley's career is honestly close to over, or should be.  They only got him to make Gobert look good but Gobert does not change games like he used to.

The Wolves need to sit Edwards down, say “we messed up, but we’re gonna fix this. It’s going to take a few seasons, but we’re going to pay you and build around you. Everyone is gone to get draft picks and cap space.” Then they need to unload KAT and Rudy for whatever they can get. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

The Wolves need to sit Edwards down, say “we messed up, but we’re gonna fix this. It’s going to take a few seasons, but we’re going to pay you and build around you. Everyone is gone to get draft picks and cap space.” Then they need to unload KAT and Rudy for whatever they can get. 

They were set up so well for the future before trading for Rudy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The Timberwolves need to trade KAT this summer. 

I've probably thought that for 3 years now, and I barely even pay attention to the Wolves.  He just doesn't have it.  I think I've said before that he says he wants to be great, but never puts in the work to do so. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I've probably thought that for 3 years now, and I barely even pay attention to the Wolves.  He just doesn't have it.  I think I've said before that he says he wants to be great, but never puts in the work to do so. 

For me it’s his apathetic approach. He just doesn’t play like he cares whether he wins or loses. There just isn’t an overall competitive drive. Jimmy Butler was right. 

And what’s worse, is that when he’s on the court, that apathy seems contagious. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

And what’s worse, is that when he’s on the court, that apathy seems contagious. 

Yeah, that would probably be the worst part.  Again, I know very little and have watched very little of him and them, but follow it enough to know what many people have said and that's what I've gathered.  It's almost as if he says those things to appease the fans or to try to convince himself, but he really doesn't believe it or act like it.  It's unfortunate, as he's just another in a long line of players that don't maximize the talent they are given...they are just sort of satisfied where they are at.