Jump to content
Heimdallr

Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Recommended Posts

Allianz field is absolutely incredible. The attention to detail and quality of construction is amazing. Best venue in the city.

I love that the supporters section is safe-standing (only 3 in the country) and they specifically used aluminum flooring for maximum stomping noise. It is going to be LOUD.

the 35 degree rake in the upper level and supporters is impressive. The furthest seat from the field is 125 feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Allianz field is absolutely incredible. The attention to detail and quality of construction is amazing. Best venue in the city.

I love that the supporters section is safe-standing (only 3 in the country) and they specifically used aluminum flooring for maximum stomping noise. It is going to be LOUD.

the 35 degree rake in the upper level and supporters is impressive. The furthest seat from the field is 125 feet.

Agreed that tour yesterday was incredible! The views from just about every seat in the stadium are excellent. Can't wait for the home opener in April this place is going to be insanely loud

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 10:19 AM, tyler735 said:

 

Agreed that tour yesterday was incredible! The views from just about every seat in the stadium are excellent. Can't wait for the home opener in April this place is going to be insanely loud

 

 

Acoustics must be terrible, can't understand half of what they're saying ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opening day for the Twins. Not a bad opening day for them, the weather should be decent compared to the past couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, MNPackfan32 said:

Give me 100,000 years on this planet and I still don't think I'd be able to explain this Wild team.

They suck?  Well, at least that should end the years of just good enough to make the playoffs, but suck enough to never win in them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, swede700 said:

They suck?  Well, at least that should end the years of just good enough to make the playoffs, but suck enough to never win in them.  

I don't know, they're 4 points back of the last WC spot and have a pretty brutal schedule. If we don't beat the Coyotes on Sunday it is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

United are gonna win the MLS Cup this year, Twins are gonna win the World Series. Things are looking up in the world of Minnesota sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dman, Berrios was impressive. It's going to be fun to see how good he ends up being in the next couple of years if he continues to progress. He has several nasty pitches which really gives him a high ceiling. It was also nice to see Buxton get a hit yesterday, if he can string together a few games to start the season with a hit, I think that we won't see an early season slump like we have seen from him before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

United are gonna win the MLS Cup this year, Twins are gonna win the World Series. Things are looking up in the world of Minnesota sports. 

I'll be surprised if the Twins are above .500 at the end of the season, let alone win the World Series.  :D

Edited by swede700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'll be surprised if the Twins are above .500 at the end of the season, let alone win the World Series.  :D

Oh ye of little faith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, skywindO2 said:

Oh ye of little faith.

I haven't had any faith in the Twins in 25 years.  They were just toying with the fanbase in the 'aughts' when Mauer and Morneau were in their prime.  They were never serious contenders for anything...as they were really only any good because the division was so very bad.  They had their couple of shots in '02 and '06 (where they should have taken advantage of it) and blew it.  

Edited by swede700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just scored the holy grail of MNUFC merchandise. A pristine "wing" jersey from our championship NASL year, in my size. So. Sexy.

Image result for mnufc nasl jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one Twins loss was unfortunate, but it was fun to see them put up a lot of runs on Sunday. I think this is going to be a decent team as Nelson Cruz really is the middle of the line-up bat that we've bee missing for a while. It's also just a lot of fun watching baseball. The starting pitching has been good, and Buxton has been hitting which has been great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

The one Twins loss was unfortunate, but it was fun to see them put up a lot of runs on Sunday. I think this is going to be a decent team as Nelson Cruz really is the middle of the line-up bat that we've bee missing for a while. It's also just a lot of fun watching baseball. The starting pitching has been good, and Buxton has been hitting which has been great.

If they are still in the race come August, then maybe I'll start to pay attention (Unfortunately, I've become one of the dreaded fairweather fans).  I've heard good April baseball from them before only to tank in May and June.  I really do hope they turn the corner and are able to compete consistently again, but I'm just not counting on it.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×