Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

http://www.wfaprofootball.com/watch-live-games/

we are actually the WFA game of the week. Two of the premier teams in recent history going head to head with us and Kansas City. QB for Kansas City is the twin sister of the female assistant coach for the 49ers (last name is Sowers). Tough test for us right out of the gates  

7:00pm tonight for the game if you need a spring football fix without the AAF now. 

• Like 1

Twins traded Tyler Austin to the Giants for a minor league OF. Got another pitcher onto the roster now for the pen as we must be getting semi-close to when Martin Perez will join the rotation.

Twins got Malique Ziegler in return.

Seems like fast OF prospect, don't know that he'd be that great a hitter, but probably solid defensive option with some base stealing.

Makes sense to move on from Austin as you don't really need a back-up 1B, Cron is clearly the starter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Twins traded Tyler Austin to the Giants for a minor league OF. Got another pitcher onto the roster now for the pen as we must be getting semi-close to when Martin Perez will join the rotation.

Twins got Malique Ziegler in return.

Seems like fast OF prospect, don't know that he'd be that great a hitter, but probably solid defensive option with some base stealing.

Makes sense to move on from Austin as you don't really need a back-up 1B, Cron is clearly the starter.

Better than letting him go for nothing. Who is sano going to replace when he comes back?

27 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Better than letting him go for nothing. Who is sano going to replace when he comes back?

Tough call, for me anyway.

Marwin, Cruz, and Cron are not going anywhere. Neither is Shoop.

So, your options are Cave, Astudillo, Garver, and Adrianza.......I'm guessing Cave or Astudillo or Garver goes down, as they all have options and Adrianza can "play" SS. Of those three, I'm guessing whichever of Garver or Astudillo isn't hitting/catching as well as the other.

14 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Tough call, for me anyway.

Marwin, Cruz, and Cron are not going anywhere. Neither is Shoop.

So, your options are Cave, Astudillo, Garver, and Adrianza.......I'm guessing Cave or Astudillo or Garver goes down, as they all have options and Adrianza can "play" SS. Of those three, I'm guessing whichever of Garver or Astudillo isn't hitting/catching as well as the other.

I actually think it might be Cave. Marwin can be the super sub and cover the corner OF positions. Or even Adriana as Gonzalez did play some SS last season.

The fact that Garver can play 1B and C and Astodillo can play almost any position, I think they'll keep both of them on the roster.

4 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I actually think it might be Cave. Marwin can be the super sub and cover the corner OF positions. Or even Adriana as Gonzalez did play some SS last season.

The fact that Garver can play 1B and C and Astodillo can play almost any position, I think they'll keep both of them on the roster.

That could be. Kepler is the backup center fielder anyways. 

Or we could always try sano in right field again

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

NHL draft lottery tonight. Hopefully the Wild are anti-Timberwolves in this matter.

LOL!  That ain't gonna happen.  Thank the dear Lord that the NFL doesn't have a lottery, otherwise the Vikings probably would have fallen to #20 this year.  

11 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

3 HRs so far against a guy who doesn't give up many!

Gibson needs to shut them down now

To show great a hitter Mitch Garver is, he is the 3rd batter (I believe they were saying).

That would have been great if Polanco had gotten another cycle.