Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

8 hours ago, Klomp said:

Is it championship or bust this year?

Definitely high expectations after being in the championship last year. It would be a great feat for the players as both offensive and defensive schemes were overhauled. 

• Like 1

Twins got lucky today. Bullpen almost blew it. This will be a problem if we don't address it by the trade deadline, especially if we want to compete in the postseason. Everything else is looking pretty good. Garver's injury isn't too bad it looks like, so he might only miss a couple weeks. 

15 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Twins got lucky today. Bullpen almost blew it. This will be a problem if we don't address it by the trade deadline, especially if we want to compete in the postseason. Everything else is looking pretty good. Garver's injury isn't too bad it looks like, so he might only miss a couple weeks. 

Would be nice to see them be able to pick up Kimbrel and/or Keuchel for 1-year contracts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Would be nice to see them be able to pick up Kimbrel and/or Keuchel for 1-year contracts. 

That would be great, I think there's a 1% chance that either of would except a 1 year deal though. From what I've read Keuchel is sticking to his guns, and I think that Kimbrel knows that he can wait until after a team would lose a pick, and then get a four or five year deal.

Pretty important 4 game set coming up against the Mariners, since the Indians will be playing the Orioles. I think it's important we keep the confidence up and keep at least a 3 game lead in the division. 

Tonight- Pineda is pitching and hopefully he can take the positives out of the last start and give a solid performance tonight.

Twins with a nice win against the Mariners. Pineda did a good job last night, and it helps when the offense puts up 9 runs by the end of three innings. That Cron HR was a complete bomb. Good win by the Twins, now if they can pull off a couple more, that would be great.

• Like 3