Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Just now, swede700 said:

I expected that to happen once Rosas described who he was looking for in a coach.  Of course Ryan was always going to be the favorite, but he seemed to fit what Rosas wanted as well.  Hopefully, now he'll be able to bring in some experienced assistants to help Ryan...and especially help Ryan to force Wiggins to be a 6th man, because that's really what he probably is.  

Or someone who can turn Wiggins into not a 6th man, because he most definitely a sixth man right now, if not 7th.

I'll be interested to see what they do next year. A starting line-up with:

C: Towns
PF: ?
SF: Covington
SG: Okogie
PG: Teague

That could be solid if healthy. 

Wiggins, Dieng, and Saric make a good bench.

12 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Or someone who can turn Wiggins into not a 6th man, because he most definitely a sixth man right now, if not 7th.

I just want Bol Bol on the team. Then I can buy his jersey. Because I've never had a jersey with a player's first and last name on it. 

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I just want Bol Bol on the team. Then I can buy his jersey. Because I've never had a jersey with a player's first and last name on it. 

There's been some speculation on twitter that the Wolves gave a promise to Rui Hachimura. Whether its true or not I'm not sure, but I wouldn't hate it if he were to be the pick. 

49 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I've just come to the conclusion that there isn't anyone that can turn Wiggins into anything other than a 6th man.  His heart just ain't in it to be anything more.  

Big win against the Angels tonight! Bullpen came in clutch, but Sano's bomb is what got us the win. **** pointed out a huge stat after the game. 16-3 is our record after a loss this year. That's huge that we are keeping those losing streaks away! Very excited about this team right now, need to keep it rolling. 31-16 and a 5.5 game lead in the division! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Big win against the Angels tonight! Bullpen came in clutch, but Sano's bomb is what got us the win. **** pointed out a huge stat after the game. 16-3 is our record after a loss this year. That's huge that we are keeping those losing streaks away! Very excited about this team right now, need to keep it rolling. 31-16 and a 5.5 game lead in the division! 

Yeah, that's insane to not get into more than three losing streaks. I'm pretty sure there haven't been any losing streaks more than two games.

It’s probably time to create a keyboard shortcut — Ctrl+Shift+M, something to the effect of “one of the youngest coaches/executives in the game today” — to insert into stories about Twin Cities sports leaders.

It would save time, and the applications are endless.

Rocco Baldelli, P.J. Fleck, Richard Pitino, Lindsay Whalen, Derek Falvey … and now Ryan Saunders. All of them in their 30s, all among the youngest (or the very youngest) in their professions. Heck, even 40-year-old new Wolves executive Gersson Rosas is young by most measures.

Saunders is the youngest head coach in the NBA; Baldelli is the youngest manager in MLB; Fleck was the youngest Power Five coach in college football when he was hired; Pitino is still one of the youngest coaches in major D-I men’s hoops, as is Whalen on the women’s side; Falvey was the second-youngest executive in charge of an MLB team when hired in 2016.

http://www.startribune.com/twin-cities-sports-youth-movement-continues-with-ryan-saunders-hire/510169852/

• Like 1

When I went to bed, the Twins were down 3-0, then I checked a bit later and it was 3-3. Now I wake up to them winning easily in Los Angeles. This is a fun team because you can never count them out in a game, even against a team that is decent.

Also, random stat I was on twitter yesterday. The Orioles pitching staff has given up 100 HR's in the shortest time frame all time. In that, the Yankees have hit 29  HR's in 10 games against them, and the Twins have hit 23 HR's in 6 games, so over half the HR's have come in 16 games.

If Arraez keeps playing this well, I think the Twins need to start thinking about trading Nick Gordon for some more pitching. They have a ton of middle infielders, and 3/5 of their starting rotation hits free agency after this year. 

6 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

If Arraez keeps playing this well, I think the Twins need to start thinking about trading Nick Gordon for some more pitching. They have a ton of middle infielders, and 3/5 of their starting rotation hits free agency after this year. 

Where did he come from? It'll be hard to keep him out of the lineup if he keeps hitting but it'll also be hard to keep him in the lineup

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

Oh I think they will send him back down to keep him playing every day and keep the defensive utility players up. It’s a pretty solid problem to have.

That's my thinking also. Nick Gordon would make good trade bait

16 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

That's my thinking also. Nick Gordon would make good trade bait

Agreed. I think Royce Lewis is the future SS. Gordon is a great trade piece to help get that top pitcher or reliever to help the Twins down the stretch. Would prefer to get someone that we have control over next year too.