Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

I suspect that there is going to be some regression in the power numbers sooner rather than later, but I've been thinking that for the last month...yet here we are!

This is a blast to watch. I suspect we're going to see a large uptick in ticket sales and turnout come June. We're now 8 games up on Cleveland. That's a tough lead to blow. 

10 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I love this team. I still think they need another starter and pen arm, but they have the bats to keep up with anyone. Best record in baseball, and a +92 run differential after 49 games O.o

I think mainly a number pen arm. I think with Berrios, Perez, and Odorizzi at the top of the rotation and Gibson and Pineda as your end of the rotation is solid, but getting another pen arm would be great. If the bats cool down, then starter might be a bigger deal.

22 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I think mainly a number pen arm. I think with Berrios, Perez, and Odorizzi at the top of the rotation and Gibson and Pineda as your end of the rotation is solid, but getting another pen arm would be great. If the bats cool down, then starter might be a bigger deal.

I don't trust everyone to stay healthy, and I think that the Twins should be making a move to keep this going next year. Adding a guy like Stroman would be huge for this year and next year, as Odorizzi, Gibson, and Pineda will all likely be gone. They don't really have anyone promising close enough to fill in right now or next year.

8 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I don't trust everyone to stay healthy, and I think that the Twins should be making a move to keep this going next year. Adding a guy like Stroman would be huge for this year and next year, as Odorizzi, Gibson, and Pineda will all likely be gone. They don't really have anyone promising close enough to fill in right now or next year.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=660813#/career/R/pitching/2019/ALL

Probably a 2020 ETA as a September call-up I'd think, as the next starter coming up.

I would think the Twins might try and sign back one of those starters, I'd suspect that Gibson would be the most likely to resign. Stroman, I wonder how much he'd cost, but he'd be extremely tempting.

13 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=660813#/career/R/pitching/2019/ALL

Probably a 2020 ETA as a September call-up I'd think, as the next starter coming up.

I would think the Twins might try and sign back one of those starters, I'd suspect that Gibson would be the most likely to resign. Stroman, I wonder how much he'd cost, but he'd be extremely tempting.

Graterol is a 2020 September call up at the earliest. Stroman would also come with another year of arbitration, so they would have a little more time to work out something long term. The Twins were rumored to have interest in the off-season.

Imagine a Berrios/Stroman/Odorizzi/Perez/Gibson rotation going into the post season this year, then an off-season where you look toward a future top three of Berrios/Stroman/Graterol after 2020.

Edited by JDBrocks