Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ampstories/alexmorganwwc/index.html

Who is ready for some World Cup action?? We are the defending champs and are considered the favorites, but host nation France also has a great shot to win it. With the way the bracket is set up, USA and France will almost assuredly meet in the quarterfinal. Germany and England are probably the only other teams that have a good shot at winning it all. 

Men's U-20 pulled off a 3-2 upset over France today too!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

and Kimbrel signs with the Cubs >:(

Its gonna be sweet having to empty the prospect cupboard now to upgrade pitching...

What's frustrating for me is I really question whether we made an actual attempt at getting him. It just never felt like our ownership or our fans were totally in on getting him, which baffles me considering how good he is. I'm confident we will figure out a closer solution though. Parker and Rogers are solid. 

28 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If Mackey is correct, then there’s not much else that the Twins could have done. Kimbrel obviously had other teams ahead of Minnesota on his list. 

That sucks. Welp, sign Keuchel and move Pineda to the bullpen. Trade for a closer, I guess. 

On 6/5/2019 at 9:27 PM, wcblack34 said:

That sucks. Welp, sign Keuchel and move Pineda to the bullpen. Trade for a closer, I guess. 

Sounds like Keuchel signed with the Braves. I'm not too sad on missing out on him. I suspect it will be a 4 year deal, and that would just end up being a deal where he pitches starting in July, and then maybe has one more decent year.

EDIT - Sounds like a 1 year deal, I guess he didn't stick to his guns like he told ESPN he would.

Was nice to not get our first three game losing streak yet. Still 10.5 games ahead of the Indians after that series. And Kepler name can be said in the same breath as Ted Williams now, Kepler is one of two players, Williams being the other, who have hit 3 HR's twice against the Indians.

• Like 1

Twins going 6-4 on the road trip seems disappointing, which is hilarious thinking about previous seasons when I would have taken a .500 road trip. Was nice that they were able to womp the Tigers yesterday. I actually watched a chunk of that game and Odorizzi was great again. And the offense, well, that offense is just amazing. 125 HR's, tying their pre-all star break HR record for a single season, with only 29 days or something like that, until the All-Star break.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Twins going 6-4 on the road trip seems disappointing, which is hilarious thinking about previous seasons when I would have taken a .500 road trip. Was nice that they were able to womp the Tigers yesterday. I actually watched a chunk of that game and Odorizzi was great again. And the offense, well, that offense is just amazing. 125 HR's, tying their pre-all star break HR record for a single season, with only 29 days or something like that, until the All-Star break.

This team is incredible to watch. There isn't a single guy on the team that most people outside of Minnesota would think of as a "superstar" or "household name" (yet), but all they do is mash and win! It will be interesting to see if they are active at the trade deadline, or if any young bullpen arms are brought up.

On another note, sad to hear that Big Papi was shot in the Dominican Republic. Hopefully he pulls through and it isn't too serious.

5 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

On another note, sad to hear that Big Papi was shot in the Dominican Republic. Hopefully he pulls through and it isn't too serious.

Yeah, that Big Papi news was pretty surprising last night. From what I've heard this morning. He's doing as well as he could be for having gotten shot, but nothing vital was hit so he's expected to recover just fine. The person who shot him got soundly beat up as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

This team is incredible to watch. There isn't a single guy on the team that most people outside of Minnesota would think of as a "superstar" or "household name" (yet), but all they do is mash and win! It will be interesting to see if they are active at the trade deadline, or if any young bullpen arms are brought up.

I went to the Royals-Red Sox game last Thursday afternoon...and there wasn't a household name for me on either roster, outside of Alex Gordon.  He is pretty much the only player I had ever heard of, which tells you how long I've been out of the loop.  :D