Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heimdallr

Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Recommended Posts

Just now, Heimdallr said:

He truly is one of us.

I'll agree with you there.  I don't claim to have a flamboyant personality, but I do like athletes that do, because it makes me feel their joy.  Kirby had that, even Kent had that (who is also one of us), and Garnett certainly did as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to the Twins game tonight with work. Budweiser roof deck, which is great since I have a strong fear of heights. But should be fun to be up there and go to a game, didn't make it to  one last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

I'm going to the Twins game tonight with work. Budweiser roof deck, which is great since I have a strong fear of heights. But should be fun to be up there and go to a game, didn't make it to  one last year.

Hated it up there. You can't see left field and half of center field so that kinda sucks.

But my main gripe was that I didn't think that's where the "younger" crowd would hang out so a lot of "dude bros" hanging out up there being drunken, obnoxious idiots. Hopefully your group will limit the amount of morons up there.

I'm petrified of heights as well but it's a large area you can free-roam around so you can stay away from the railings. 

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Hated it up there. You can't see left field and half of center field so that kinda sucks.

But my main gripe was that I didn't think that's where the "younger" crowd would hang out so a lot of "dude bros" hanging out up there being drunken, obnoxious idiots. Hopefully your group will limit the amount of morons up there.

I'm petrified of heights as well but it's a large area you can free-roam around so you can stay away from the railings. 

Yeah, the height wasn't much of an issue. But yeah, you can't see anything up there, and that was basically a waste of time to try and watch a game up there. You don't get the audio cues as to when a pitch hits the glove, you can't really tell when the game is getting going. It was fun to be up there once, but I"m glad that I didn't pay for the ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, the height wasn't much of an issue. But yeah, you can't see anything up there, and that was basically a waste of time to try and watch a game up there. You don't get the audio cues as to when a pitch hits the glove, you can't really tell when the game is getting going. It was fun to be up there once, but I"m glad that I didn't pay for the ticket.

Yep. Pretty much what I thought the one time I was up there as well.

I don't think it's a very good place to sit if you're interested in watching the game. If you're there to socialize, then it'd be great but I'd rather save $50 in a ticket and $100 in drinks and go to a bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d say Sano should be the first guy placed on the trading block, but I don’t think they’d get anything for him. 

He’s worthless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heck of a win for the Twins last night! I fell asleep halfway through the 14th, but woke up to find they clawed their way back in 17! Still haven't lost 3 in a row this season. This could be the best team in Twins history. Still room for improvement though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice win by the Twins. It's interesting to see the Twins go up against some better teams after having what felt like a fairly soft part of the schedule, though, I'm not sure it actually was. Kepler and Polanco will probably end up being steals at what the Twins locked them up at when all is said and done. Right now I think, if the math is still the same, as a 2.8 WAR player, Kepler should be getting paid around 17 million a season. So a steal at 6 million and Polanco more than that. I might be a little bit high on my contract estimates, but I believe that it's close to $7 mil per point in WAR with how they've figured out some contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d say Sano should be the first guy placed on the trading block, but I don’t think they’d get anything for him. 

He’s worthless. 

Hyperbole.

He hasn't even had 100 at-bat's yet, nor did he have a normal off-season with the hitting coach and new approach that the team has taken at the plate. No point in selling low on a 26 year old former all star with 30+ home run power that is under team control for 2 more years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Heck of a win for the Twins last night! I fell asleep halfway through the 14th, but woke up to find they clawed their way back in 17! Still haven't lost 3 in a row this season. This could be the best team in Twins history. Still room for improvement though. 

That's huge to be able to come back a few times like that. I shut it off after Boston too the lead in the 12th. The bullpen gets a lot of grief but they must have pitched pretty good to get us to the 17th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Heck of a win for the Twins last night! I fell asleep halfway through the 14th, but woke up to find they clawed their way back in 17! Still haven't lost 3 in a row this season. This could be the best team in Twins history. Still room for improvement though. 

If Berrios can all of a sudden turn into Jack Morris, Jake Odorizzi turns into Scott Erickson, Kyle Gibson turns into Kevin Tapani, and someone in the pen can magically turn into Rick Aguilera then yes, they can be the best team.  I'm extremely happy at the way they are playing, but in the end, it matters what they can do in a short series.  And right now, this team appears to be more built for the long haul than the short run, which is why improving the pen is of utmost importance.  Being able to do what they did last night to a very good team (I saw the Red Sox a couple of weeks ago here in KC...they're pretty good, but certainly not unbeatable) should be a great boost to their confidence.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Hyperbole.

He hasn't even had 100 at-bat's yet, nor did he have a normal off-season with the hitting coach and new approach that the team has taken at the plate. No point in selling low on a 26 year old former all star with 30+ home run power that is under team control for 2 more years.

Not even the least bit hyperbole 

This is his 5th year in the majors, and the same issues plague him. He’s not showing improvement. In fact, he’s gotten worse. His strikeout rate, so far this season, is the highest of his career. 

He’s become an easy out for opponents. 

And for someone who’s supposed to be a cornerstone of the lineup. He’s anything but. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worthless: without worth, of no value...

Miguel Sano: 0.7 WAR in 89 ABs this year.

For context he was a 0.8 WAR player in 2016 in 437 ABs.

Article on Sano in 2019

Edited by JDBrocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Twins cut David Ortiz, he was in the 6th year of his career, his WAR was 1.3, which was the first time he had been above 0.7 in his career.  He was only below 2.6 twice in the ensuing 14 years with the Red Sox.

Now, I'm not saying that Sano is going to be an Ortiz-type player, but with the issues he's had health-wise, that can't help in his development.  It's far too early to give up on him, as he's right around the same age Ortiz was when they cut him.   

Edited by swede700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×