Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

NBA Draft is tonight. Wolves have pick #11. I don't care all that much, but sounds like they are trying to move up. Maybe we can trade away next years pick and pick 11 for pick #4, plus say give someone Andrew Wiggins, but we'd probably have to add more to give someone Wiggins.

33 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

NBA Draft is tonight. Wolves have pick #11. I don't care all that much, but sounds like they are trying to move up. Maybe we can trade away next years pick and pick 11 for pick #4, plus say give someone Andrew Wiggins, but we'd probably have to add more to give someone Wiggins.

No one's going to take Wiggins, but they can unload either Dieng or Teague in a deal.  

17 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

https://www.hothothoops.com/2019/6/18/18684156/could-miami-heat-unleash-potential-andrew-wiggins-minnesota-timberwolves-james-johnson-dion-waiters

No surprise that the Wolves are shopping Wiggins, I'd be fine moving him to the Miami Heat for some players. Mainly, I'd be fine trading Wiggins for anything.

I don't believe that's a legit report. We're listening to offers, but I am unsure about if we're actively shopping him.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

I don't believe that's a legit report. We're listening to offers, but I am unsure about if we're actively shopping him.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were actively shopping him. I just don't think anyone would take him...ala Chris Paul.  At least Paul has shown something in his career.  

But, that potential trade with Miami does nothing for me, unless they'd plan to use Waiters or Johnson as trade bait in some other deal.  

Edited by swede700

Trading up to get Jarrett Culver is a very solid move. He's not super flashy and didn't go to a big school, so it won't be talked about much nationally, but tonight was a pretty good first draft for Rosas. Culver will be a foundational piece.

8 hours ago, Klomp said:

Trading up to get Jarrett Culver is a very solid move. He's not super flashy and didn't go to a big school, so it won't be talked about much nationally, but tonight was a pretty good first draft for Rosas. Culver will be a foundational piece.

Yeah, I like him going forward. While he's not a great shooter, he, like Okogie last year, is extremely athletic and already a very good defender. And he also wants to play, unlike say, Andrew Wiggins.

14 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Wiggins’ contract is, perhaps, the worst move in Timberwolves history. I’d trade Wiggins’ contract and our #11 for a second rounder, just to get rid of the indifferent cap sucker. 

Did you forget about Joe Smith?

2 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Just me, or did it seem like the Wolves gave up very little to move up? Saric is an ok or decent player, but that was well worth it imo.

Well, that and Saric never really felt comfortable there either.  

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Gophers picking up recruits like it's going out of style. Got 6 this week. Competing with Wisconsin for another one.

As always, we'll see how many of them actually sign in December, but it certainly bodes well for Fleck's recruiting skills.

• Like 1