Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Vixen season ended last weekend with a 16-8 loss to the St. Louis Slam.  We had an awesome game plan, but shot ourselves in the foot in the red zone with inaccurate passes and poor sight adjustments... should have won, but the Slam are likely to go on to win the division two national championship now - the playoff seeding is a bit wonky, and many considered our game the "championship" game.

Fairly successful first season as a head coach/offensive coordinator, but I've already decided to turn coordinator duties over to my QB coach, so that I can focus more on the overseeing of the team from a managerial perspective... I was pretty hands off with the defense and we had some "drama" on that side of the ball - I'll take 7-2 for my rookie season and the #6 team in the country (#2 in division two by the rankings)

My season isn't quite done yet though! I've been chosen to be one of the coaches for the All-Star game on July 13th in Golden, CO - and I'm meeting with the Wayzata coaching staff to see if I'd be able to help them out at all this fall after not being able to coach last year.

• Like 7

On 6/21/2019 at 8:34 AM, MNPackfan32 said:

Just me, or did it seem like the Wolves gave up very little to move up? Saric is an ok or decent player, but that was well worth it imo.

The more days that go by, the more I like what Gersson did in his first go-around.  I hope it pans out.  

As far as the Wild go, @TENINCH, I'm not sure many people care who they had selected, because right now they're a mess.  For you youngsters, you are now experiencing what we North Stars fans felt for years.  xD

40 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ve never really understood the interest in baseball or hockey drafts. When the players you select are 3-4 years away from even playing, what is there to get excited or upset about?

Agreed.  No one ever has any idea how those players will develop.  In reality, all of the drafts are more crapshoot than the NFL one.  Could you imagine the chaos that would be created if the NFL teams had to draft players coming out of high school or after 1 year of college?  What a mess that would be. 

I advocate for the NBA to go to a system more similar to the MLB rule.  If you want to go to the NBA Draft straight out of HS, fine, but if you go to college, you're going for 2 years minimum (but 3 years preferred).  The 1 and done doesn't work.  But, even so, with all the international players, that makes it a crapshoot barely above what you find in the MLB and NHL Drafts.  

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I think all leagues should adopt a rule that requires players to obtain a bachelors degree, or equivalent, before they are allowed to go pro. 

I’m as big a fan of education as you’ll find, but their “job” does not require a college degree. Nor should it. Forcing a education is likely as effective as requiring none at all. If you think athletes cheat in college now, wait until that’s a rule.