Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

25 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It kind of stings for me, but I’m alright with it. No doubt he’s had the best year of any Twins minor league hitter. There’s no room for him though, especially if they plan on keeping Kiriloff, whose been taking reps at 1B. 

It shows me that they have more plans up there sleeves though, which is good. We need at least a starter equal or better then Berrios and another reliever that’s better then Romo

27 minutes ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

It kind of stings for me, but I’m alright with it. No doubt he’s had the best year of any Twins minor league hitter. There’s no room for him though, especially if they plan on keeping Kiriloff, whose been taking reps at 1B. 

It shows me that they have more plans up there sleeves though, which is good. We need at least a starter equal or better then Berrios and another reliever that’s better then Romo

I like the experience Romo brings. He's got some nasty stuff too when he's on. He's been lights out lately. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Definitely need another starter and one more arm in the pen. But if all we get is another bullpen arm, I won't be all that upset. 

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I like the experience Romo brings. He's got some nasty stuff too when he's on. He's been lights out lately. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Definitely need another starter and one more arm in the pen. But if all we get is another bullpen arm, I won't be all that upset. 

I’ll be pretty upset. I won’t have any World Series aspirations unless we bring in a starter that’s equal or better then Berrios. I love Jose but compare our staff to Yankees or Astros and we don’t compare. We need a GREAT number 1 or guy that’s equal to Jose

8 hours ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

I’ll be pretty upset. I won’t have any World Series aspirations unless we bring in a starter that’s equal or better then Berrios. I love Jose but compare our staff to Yankees or Astros and we don’t compare. We need a GREAT number 1 or guy that’s equal to Jose

Syndergaard is really the only guy that meets those requirements. Stroman is a #3. MadIson is no longer that guy. There aren’t many aces that teams are going to make available. 

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Syndergaard is really the only guy that meets those requirements. Stroman is a #3. MadIson is no longer that guy. There aren’t many aces that teams are going to make available. 

If Syndergaard is available, you go get him. 

I honestly have no idea why you wouldn’t be willing to trade Lewis and/or Kiriloff for Syndergaard. 

It would be like trading 2 first round picks, or 2 top non QB players for a franchise QB.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If Syndergaard is available, you go get him. 

I honestly have no idea why you wouldn’t be willing to trade Lewis and/or Kiriloff for Syndergaard. 

It would be like trading 2 first round picks, or 2 top non QB players for a franchise QB.

Well I mean it’s a little different, it would be like a franchise QB that only starts 1/5 of the remaining season. Maybe plays 1/3 of the playoff games. 

One positive is you have control of him for one more season before Thor would move on to a major market team.

4 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Well I mean it’s a little different, it would be like a franchise QB that only starts 1/5 of the remaining season. Maybe plays 1/3 of the playoff games. 

One positive is you have control of him for one more season before Thor would move on to a major market team.

For two more seasons. It’s a no-brainer.

• Like 1

Just now, JDBrocks said:

Sounds like the Mets’ asking price is MLB talent plus top prospects. No thanks. 

Syndergaard has pitched and performed well in big time games, but he’s not worth gutting the big league club and the farm system for.

Didn't they just trade for a pitcher? Why would they trade their Ace

Why do the Mets do anything that they do? xD

Syndergaard isn't their ace. That's De Grom. If they are really going all in for next year this kind of makes sense? But they still had to give up 2 of their top 10 prospects to get him... Additionally, with Stroman being a ground ball/contact type pitcher he's going to get lit up with that crappy infield defense behind him in NY. I don't get it. 

Hopefully we find out if the Giants are selling this morning.

On 7/29/2019 at 7:41 AM, JDBrocks said:

Why do the Mets do anything that they do? xD

Syndergaard isn't their ace. That's De Grom. If they are really going all in for next year this kind of makes sense? But they still had to give up 2 of their top 10 prospects to get him... Additionally, with Stroman being a ground ball/contact type pitcher he's going to get lit up with that crappy infield defense behind him in NY. I don't get it. 

Hopefully we find out if the Giants are selling this morning.

They apparently asked for Buxton in a trade for Syndergaard and the Twins (rightfully) rebuked them. They asked for Kirillof or Lewis last week and the Twins said no. 

It's going to be hard to find a top-tier starter now. Although, if Falvine truly has the checkbook, Zach Greinke would be an interesting option.