Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

The Astros, once again, show that they know how important pitching is. 

Romo and Dyson are decent moves, but they feel like bare minimum moves when the Twins are not only doing something special on offense this year, but they actually have the ammunition in their farm system to have made something happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

That doesn't bother me so much. No way this team could take on his contract plus whatever the cost would be to waive the NTC.

The checkbook was allegedly open.

Also, I believe I read that if they traded for Greinke, they're payroll would still be below last year's. 

For this year, sure. Next two years 32m, plus the prospects  you would need to give up. Also, there are deferred payments from 2022 - 2026. Not saying I would have hated the move, just that I understand not making it. 

Edited by JDBrocks

24 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

The checkbook was allegedly open.

Also, I believe I read that if they traded for Greinke, they're payroll would still be below last year's. 

I haven't been a fan of Greinke his entire career...he certainly had a good stretch, but I'm still a little hesitant on him considering how his career started here in KC.  I still have this feeling that he's going to melt down at any moment and not show up at the ballpark on a day he's starting.  

Edited by swede700