Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

25 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Who decides what's a big enough lead to stop trying?

Whoever is the one being offended. 

There are some "unwritten" rules in baseball that are still pretty clear to most people, but I think far too often these days, people are just making <bleep> up and saying it's an unwritten rule.  

Just now, swede700 said:

Whoever is the one being offended. 

There are some "unwritten" rules in baseball that are still pretty clear to most people, but I think far too often these days, people are just making <bleep> up and saying it's an unwritten rule.  

So why did the pitcher throw at Kepler? 

The Atlanta Falcons on Saturday signed cornerback Jalen Myrick, who played at the University of Minnesota and spent time with the Vikings last season on the practice squad. The Vikings waived Myrick in April, just before the start of spring drills.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/08/17/vikings-rookie-guard-dru-samia-learning-to-curb-some-aggressiveness-in-favor-of-technique/

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Berrios has completely fallen apart. 

I wonder if it would help for him to skip a start.

On the plus side it's nice being able to win a game when the starter gives up that many runs and May seems to have turned a corner.

Also the rangers really need to work on their base running from 3rd base

Twins getting the sweep in a 4 game series was huge. The offense did enough and got enough clutch hits, which was huge as the offense, while getting good HR totals hasn't been the most clutch as of late. And the Pen coming in and shutting down the Rangers was nice. Shame that the Yankees didn't beat the Indians more.

36 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Twins getting the sweep in a 4 game series was huge. The offense did enough and got enough clutch hits, which was huge as the offense, while getting good HR totals hasn't been the most clutch as of late. And the Pen coming in and shutting down the Rangers was nice. Shame that the Yankees didn't beat the Indians more.

Was it just me or did the rangers seem more affected by the heat?

21 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Was it just me or did the rangers seem more affected by the heat?

When you spend so much time out on the field, you're bound to be affected by the heat.  Especially Texas August heat.  It's a good thing they're moving to a retractable roof stadium next year.