Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Maybe, but even if the Jackrabbits are one of the better FCS teams, the Gophers have been hyped as a potential top 25 team. To hear about that hype, and not just from local sources, during the summer, and to go into the game and see that level of performance? It’s a little disheartening. 

I understand completely...but I do expect them to get better.  They certainly should with Bateman and Johnson and their stable of RBs.  I also expect the O-Line to get better as the season goes along.  The defense certainly has to get better, based upon what I read and heard, they weren't very good at all.  

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Maybe, but even if the Jackrabbits are one of the better FCS teams, the Gophers have been hyped as a potential top 25 team. To hear about that hype, and not just from local sources, during the summer, and to go into the game and see that level of performance? It’s a little disheartening. 

Maybe excuses, but the Gophers sustained injuries to multiple key players last night, and another sat out for disciplinary reasons.

Edited by Klomp

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

Don't know if there's any NDSU football fans here, but you got a pretty good one at QB. Saw him the last few years here in town, dynamic player.

You can count me as an NDSU fan. I was at Target Field watching them play yesterday. It was a good time. I already have my tickets for the championship game in Frisco in early January; it will be my seventh consecutive year watching the NCCA Division 1 FCS national championship down in Frisco.  I am glad to hear the good report on Lance. It would be great if he leads the team back to Frisco. It just wasn't the same the year they lost in the semifinals.

• Like 1

That was a good weekend for the Twins. Were able to get the offense rolling and also win a close game, and breaking the single season HR record, 1500 ESPN or Skor North or whatever they call themselves almost had to give away $50k since the bases were loaded and if the HR had been a grandslam, that would have been fun.