Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

20 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yet, how he's handled the pitching staff has worked out more often than not. I don't think there's ever been a team since CG's stopped being a thing that fans have been happy with the handling of the pitching staff. Baldelli has done better more often than not and has handled them much better than Molitor did in my opinion.

Also, that throw by Rosario was amazing.

It's like how no one likes the play calling on offense when it doesn't work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Yet, how he's handled the pitching staff has worked out more often than not. I don't think there's ever been a team since CG's stopped being a thing that fans have been happy with the handling of the pitching staff. Baldelli has done better more often than not and has handled them much better than Molitor did in my opinion.

Also, that throw by Rosario was amazing.

That's another reason why I can't watch baseball.  There was nothing better in my lifetime than watching Jack Morris pitch a 10-inning shutout or Randy Johnson still throwing 100 MPH in the 9th inning.  The reliever carousel thing that's taken the game over diminishes the entertainment level for me.  Plus, the games were typically quicker too.  

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Pineda suspended for 60 games. 

Sure glad we upgraded our rotation at the trade deadline. Wait...

Maybe let Graterol have a shot as our #5. 

Has he pitched more than an injunction at a time since coming back? Maybe he could be one of those openers and pitch an inning or 2 but I don't think they'd want him doing more than that. At least they have plenty of pitchers if they have some short starts

Larry Fitzgerald's still got it. It wasn't that long ago that Larry Fitzgerald's retirement was a possibility. Sunday showed there was no reason for one of the all-time greats to hang them up. While the headlines will belong to Murray, Fitzgerald showed off the experience and skill in the clutch that the Cardinals needed to steer their sinking ship. It was Fitzgerald's four-yard TD catch with 47 seconds left that led to overtime, and it was his huge 45-yard gain in overtime that set up Zane Gonzalez's fourth and final field goal. Ending the afternoon with eight catches for 113 yards, Fitzgerald started his 16th season with a 100-yard game after recording just one in his 15th campaign. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001052213/article/what-we-learned-from-sundays-week-1-games

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

So, basically the Twins just need to go 8-5 over the last 13 games, at worst, and it won’t matter what Cleveland does the rest of the way.

I think the Indians could tie it if the Twins lose 5 and they go 12-0. 

Edited by Worm Guts