Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

58 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

He could have let him stay at home but other than that what choice did he have?

The options weren't great. He should have pulled Dobnak earlier. He was also hesitant to go to his horses early outside of Duffey. I think he was expecting the offense to deliver and wanted to save them, but he has to pull Dobnak after the walk. 

A lot of things went wrong. I'm a big Rocco fan, and I think he was part of the turnaround, but I hope he gets better at managing pitchers next year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I remember when Kirby Puckett was the first MLB player to ever make $3M in a year (lasted I think about 24 hours) and then I see Cole could make somewhere in the range of $30-$35M a year.  Puts it all in perspective.

14 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

No Darwin or Toye for the Loons tonight. 

To put that in NFL terms for you guys, this is worse than randomly having to start Joe Webb in the playoffs. Except Toye and Darwin are A LOT better than Ponder. 

Eh, both came on as subs and I bar no problem with that.

Angelo over Toye is expected (considering their salaries) and is more of a tactical decision when looking at their playstyles. I would have made the same call, considering Toye’s immaturity.

Darwin is.... tough to figure out. He has had a terrible year and honestly I hope they sell him and just move on. By far the most talented player on the team when he is on, but he completely disappears way too often, and has no chemistry with the rest of the team. 

my only problem with the lineup was Lod ( who has shown nothing). Either put Darwin, Chacon, Danladi, Ibarra (or even Schuller) there, or go 4-3-3 and get Dotson in there. 

big offseason coming up.

EDIT: Apparently Darwin was sick for the last few days and was not able to play 90 minutes, which is why Molino started over him. 

• Like 1