Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

They've been unwilling to part with some of those prospects, even in the midst of a pennant race with a historic offence. I don't see that changing. 

I'm going to hope that they realize the iron is hot and they need to strike now. I'll be livid if they go into spring relying on Berrios to be their ace again this year.

16 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

They've been unwilling to part with some of those prospects, even in the midst of a pennant race with a historic offence. I don't see that changing. 

They were willing for part with them, Kirloff and Royce were both available, but they weren't willing to trade them for a rental.

31 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I think you're in the minority on this one. Everyone I've chatted with about the powder blues love them. Myself included. 

I may be in the minority, but I was alive during that entire era, and watched the latter portions of it...the team was god-awful and the owner was worse than the Pohlads (and was a racist).  The franchise, during that era, was an utter mess, so much so that one of the best players in the history of the franchise, in Rod Carew, forced his way out of town.  The only redeeming quality was the arrival of Kirby wearing that uni (and Hrbek in '82).  I'm tired of every team wanting to bring back powder blues (if they had them)...never been a huge fan of them in the first place.  I'm sure we'll next see them bring back the M caps, which I wasn't a fan of either.  I was overjoyed when they brought back the TC caps.  

Edited by swede700

Just now, swede700 said:

I may be in the minority, but I was alive during that entire era, and watched the latter portions of it...the team was god-awful and the owner was worse than the Pohlads.  The only redeeming quality was the arrival of Kirby wearing that uni (and Hrbek in '82).  I'm tired of every team wanting to bring back powder blues (if they had them)...never been a huge fan of them in the first place.  I'm sure we'll next see them bring back the M caps, which I wasn't a fan of either.  I was overjoyed when they brought back the TC caps.  

The TC caps are far superior. 

I also remember Kirby in the blues. Perhaps that's why I love them so much. 

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Saw a tweet that the Twins are kicking the tires on Josh Donaldson. I think that would be interesting, it would definitely mean that they would be moving Sano to 1B. Adding Donaldson to the offense would be riches upon riches. But don't worry, the Twins aren't planning on a two man rotation, it sounds like they are working with a number of starting pitchers as well. I wouldn't expect the likes of MadBum, Wheeler or Hamels to sign until Cole get his deal done, but I wouldn't be shocked with the Twins signing a #4 starter before that happens, and I expect the Twins to push hard for Wheeler.

I'm not 100 percent sold on moving sano. It seems like we'd be giving up his best asset in the field and probably down grading the defense at first. 

But it'll probably happen it some point so it might make sense to do it full time next year

8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm not 100 percent sold on moving sano. It seems like we'd be giving up his best asset in the field and probably down grading the defense at first. 

But it'll probably happen it some point so it might make sense to do it full time next year

If we're being honest, this is probably a 1 year move until Cruz retires and then Sano will be DHing. Hopefully Kirilloff can stick at 1st long term.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

White Sox sound like they are in the drivers seat for Wheeler.

I'd be very interested in making a trade for Jon Gray. Seth Stohs had a nice write up about trying to find the next Gerrit Cole, and Jon Gray having that kind of potential. I think the Twins have the farm system to try to upgrade the pitching without getting into bidding wars for #2-#4 level starters.

what's your user name there.......mine is my actual name...

I've been hoping they would trade for Gray since he was drafted.

36 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

what's your user name there.......mine is my actual name...

I've been hoping they would trade for Gray since he was drafted.

This is actually the only forum that I belong to :) I just read stories that come through my twins feed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

If we're being honest, this is probably a 1 year move until Cruz retires and then Sano will be DHing. Hopefully Kirilloff can stick at 1st long term.

If that's the case I'd probably rather just leave him at third and keep Cron unless we can get a premier 3rd baseman

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

If that's the case I'd probably rather just leave him at third and keep Cron unless we can get a premier 3rd baseman

Donaldson at 3rd on a 2-3 year deal and Sano moving to first while the prospects shake out sounds a lot better defensively.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Separate post, but the Wolves, while still a bit inconsistent, had a nice win last night. Getting a win by more than ten after being down by ten around half time is pretty impressive. Wiggins hasn't fully bounced back after missing time for a funeral, I believe, and then being sick. But he's still playing considerably better than he did the previous season. If he continues to play well this year, the Wolves should make the playoffs, especially if they get Napier healthy.

At some point last season, I thought there was no way Wolves can turn it around and fix up the mess that Thibs (and also owner) created and was pretty sure they were gonna waste KAT's prime years.....but I actually am bit more optimistic about Wolves future now...mainly due to Wiggins resurgence and some lowkey good off-season moves.  The current roster's biggest weakness is shooting outside KAT...if they can find a good 3 point shooter and Culver progresses well, then this should be a really fun team to watch over the next few years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, upriser7 said:

At some point last season, I thought there was no way Wolves can turn it around and fix up the mess that Thibs (and also owner) created and was pretty sure they were gonna waste KAT's prime years.....but I actually am bit more optimistic about Wolves future now...mainly due to Wiggins resurgence and some lowkey good off-season moves.  The current roster's biggest weakness is shooting outside KAT...if they can find a good 3 point shooter and Culver progresses well, then this should be a really fun team to watch over the next few years.

Not a big basketball guy but I'll always cheer for the local teams to have success.

I’m still impressed with this season. It was an important step for them to take, and I think they can improve next year. This was the first really competitive team they’ve fielded, and a lot of the most important pieces will be back next year after a taste of winning.

that said, it was a very disappointing loss.

• Like 2