Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

18 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Rutgers is top 5. I'll be impressed if he can end in the top 15. Far too early to care.

Schiano is Fleck's mentor...that should come as no surprise. They are one and the same...except that Fleck is arguably a more likeable person.

22 hours ago, RpMc said:

One of these things is, typically, not like the others. 

And potentially next year might be even better, since unless hell freezes over, Bateman is gonna be a 1st rounder and Tanner Morgan potentially could be as well, although he's more likely in the Drew Brees mold, so could be a 2nd rd pick.  We could also see 5 again at least, depending upon how people view Schlueter, Olson, Andries, et al.  And if Faalele comes out early, he could potentially be a 1st rounder too, just based on his size.  

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I just don’t see anything draftable about Tanner Morgan, let alone 2nd round. 

We'll see what happens.  I've had someone else tell me that I'm basically crazy, but the guy always seems to get the job done and wins.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him drafted early.  He's better than any of the Gopher QBs that have been drafted (granted, that's been few and far between) and he has more pro potential than any of them.  If he can take another jump from even what he did last year, he'll be drafted...and I believe it'll be as high as the 2nd round.  He has accuracy and mobility and good enough size.  

Edited by swede700

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Morgan likely won't get drafted any higher than someone like Eason or Fromm.

Fromm was actually the guy that came to mind when thinking about a college comp for Morgan. Just really average to slightly above average at most things.

• Like 2

There are "heavy hitters" in Sioux Falls who are "chomping at the bit" and "would move Heaven and Earth" to bring the Minnesota Twins Triple-A club this growing city, including billionaire T. Denny Sanford.

That is what "Twins folks" are telling 20-year Twins beat reporter LaVelle E. Neal III, he confirmed in a Friday interview with FOX Sports 98.1's "Sports Talk with Craig & John."

In back-back weeks, respected, credible, plugged-in Minneapolis Star Tribune sportswriters have mentioned the possibility of Sioux Falls eventually landing the AAA club. Last week, 52-year Twin Cities scribe Patrick Reusse tweeted, "Don't be surprised if the Twins' Class AAA team ends up in Sioux Falls, which is planning new ballpark."

Friday, Neal wrote "Sioux Falls, S.D., is hungry for baseball, but would need time to build a suitable stadium" before appearing on KWSN.

https://kwsn.com/news/articles/2020/may/01/twins-writer-on-aaa-spot-sioux-falls-is-hungry-for-baseball/1013509/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...