Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

R.T.M.F.B.

I did watch this a little earlier today...and it's stuff like this which has converted me into a Fleckian.  I hope he doesn't leave for some time...which will require them paying him appropriately.  He's the real deal and is an outstanding role model for the University and the football players.

• Like 2

So, let’s take a look at the positive and dive into the five teams on the rise in college football.

MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS

The last time Minnesota cracked the top 10 of the AP Top 25? 1962.

This unfortunate streak could soon be coming to an end, however, as head coach P.J. Fleck has helped this Minnesota team improve by leaps and bounds offensively since his arrival in 2017. 

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-five-programs-on-the-rise-2020-college-football-season

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

And only 2 from the Western Conference were left out...the Warriors...and the Wolves.

Oof. 

With the luck Minneapolis has been having lately, expect the Wolves to get screwed out of a good lottery pick too...

6 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Oof. 

With the luck Minneapolis has been having lately, expect the Wolves to get screwed out of a good lottery pick too...

Oh, I'm already expecting that.  The Warriors will certainly get the #1 pick and set up their dynasty, ala when the Spurs fell apart after David Robinson got injured, got the #1 pick and drafted Tim Duncan.  It'll happen. (FWIW, the Wolves, in that draft, made arguably the worst pick they've ever had in taking Paul Grant, who only played in 16 games in his entire career.  Only 1 other player in that entire draft played less NBA games in their career.)

Just now, swede700 said:

Oh, I'm already expecting that.  The Warriors will certainly get the #1 pick and set up their dynasty, ala when the Spurs fell apart after David Robinson got injured, got the #1 pick and drafted Tim Duncan.  It'll happen. (FWIW, the Wolves, in that draft, made arguably the worst pick they've ever had in taking Paul Grant, who only played in 16 games in his entire career.  Only 1 other player in that entire draft played less NBA games in their career.)

Yeah. It's like the Colts going from Manning to Luck after Manning's injury (even though that didn't turn out quite as well as everyone expected).

I remember Grant. The Wolves drafts are littered with terrible picks.

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Yeah. It's like the Colts going from Manning to Luck after Manning's injury (even though that didn't turn out quite as well as everyone expected).

I remember Grant. The Wolves drafts are littered with terrible picks.

Bad luck and bad picks have defined the franchise's history.  They are in competition for the worst franchise in the history of all professional sports.  

• Like 1