Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

9 hours ago, RpMc said:

Yes. Always has been. 

There's a reason why Arkansas wasn't upset when he left.  His defense there got progressively worse the longer he was there.  At least he didn't get 3 seasons in before massively sucking.  He got it over with quickly.  

• 2 weeks later...

Timberwolves have been playing defense. How has that happened?

I realize it was the trade, but now Wiggins, who has been garbage offensive as of late, even played defense against the Rockets. The fact that they were a ways behind the Rockets at half and held them to a really low point total in the second half and came back and won is crazy to me.

18 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Timberwolves have been playing defense. How has that happened?

I realize it was the trade, but now Wiggins, who has been garbage offensive as of late, even played defense against the Rockets. The fact that they were a ways behind the Rockets at half and held them to a really low point total in the second half and came back and won is crazy to me.

Absolutely agree. When I looked at the 2nd half point totals, I was blown away. Never would've expected that. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Don't worry, next week he'll be lazy and unenergetic again.  

Also, the MLS Cup final is on Saturday. Even for non-soccer fans, I'd recommend catching this one. Atlanta has some European-quality attackers that are incredibly fun to watch, Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be completely sold out and rocking, and Portland is good enough to make it interesting. 

Also, Atlanta is sort of our rival (same expansion class as MNUFC, and they smoked us in our inaugural home opener) so it'll be fun to cheer against them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Also, the MLS Cup final is on Saturday. Even for non-soccer fans, I'd recommend catching this one. Atlanta has some European-quality attackers that are incredibly fun to watch, Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be completely sold out and rocking, and Portland is good enough to make it interesting. 

Also, Atlanta is sort of our rival (same expansion class as MNUFC, and they smoked us in our inaugural home opener) so it'll be fun to cheer against them. 

Screw Atlanta. This town is garbage with its sports teams!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, two comeback wins by both teams. Gophers needed that win against a better team in my opinion. And the Wolves, I guess Jimmy Butler was the problem?

Jimmy Butler never has understood what being a leader actually means.