Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

On 12/27/2018 at 3:46 PM, TENINCH said:
On 12/27/2018 at 9:44 AM, gopherwrestler said:

Oh?

Well that should be 30 homeruns easily as long as he can stay healthy.

Indeed. I like the signing a lot. Also he's someone who can  hopefully help Sano as well.

On 12/26/2018 at 7:20 PM, gopherwrestler said:

Only senior playing tonight on offense. Jordan Weyler.... back-up to Greene who isn’t playing.

Just for full accuracy on this, (Jared) Weyler was the starter all season. The new starter was Curtis Dunlap at RG, who bumped Blaise Andries to LT to fill Greene's spot.

The line was RFr, So, Sr, Fr, Fr

Edited by Klomp
  • Like 1

Just now, TENINCH said:

Very sad to see him go. Legendary voice. The current WWE announcers suck compared to him.

It's a different style and product these days. But Gene was always entertaining and played his part better than almost anyone. Certainly nthe last of a dying breed (for lack of better terms).

Just now, swede700 said:

Then you have no idea what good announcing sounds like.

Yeah thats the case. I guess rather being entertaining and actually talking about relevant things to matches or cracking jokes at the right time  compared to being WAY over the top means I have no idea what good announcing is, You sound ignorant as ****

You do realize none of it is anything other than pre-planned outcomes?  In that case, being over the top is more appropriate than trying to make it sound like it's actually a competitive sport.  And if anything, Mean Gene underplayed the absurdity of the sport.  It was absolutely brilliant.  He played a great whipping boy for the wrestlers. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

Just now, swede700 said:

You do realize none of it is anything other than pre-planned outcomes?  In that case, being over the top is more appropriate than trying to make it sound like it's actually a competitive sport.  

Really? Youre kidding right? Theres no way it can have pre planned outcomes, I guess movies & television shows are fake as well? Is Santa atleast real?.... SMH ... Why is that the first thing out of peoples mouths? Like you think you're the only one in the world who knows this? Watching Wrestling is like watching a television show or a movie I want to be entertained I don't want to watch some cheesy crap & thats exactly what he was, which was fine for the time when people didn't understand that Wrestling had pre determined outcomes but come on we arent 10 yrs old anymore I actually need something with substance now.  What gets me is all of you who don't watch WWe & yes I know you don't otherwise you wouldn't say things like you know its pre determined ... blah blah motha f'ing blah  anyone who says the announcers today are crap simply just doesn't watch.

I'll be honest and do say I don't watch it any longer, but I watched for most of my childhood and up into my early 30s.  It has never changed...and it has always had pre-planned outcomes.  I knew that when I was 10, and I knew it when I was 35.  It certainly was entertaining, which is why I watched it, but eventually, I had to prioritize other things in my life...like my children.  I couldn't afford to spend my time watching it.  And I'm sorry, it was more cheesy with the made-up soap opera stuff when I stopped watching it than the over-the-top nature of the era of the Iron Sheik, Hulk Hogan,  Jesse the Body, and Bobby the Brain Heenan.  They didn't take themselves all that seriously and looked like they were having fun.  

If I want to watch a soap opera, then I'll turn on Days of Our Lives and see how the Bradys are doing, as I'm sure they're still having internal rifts just like they did 25 years ago the last time I watched that, not a wrestling show.  Is Roman dead again?

If you enjoy the wrestling soap opera show, then that's fine.  It's just not my cup of tea.  At least, I don't call you ignorant.  You can be a little more respectful than that.  

25 minutes ago, swede700 said:

You do realize none of it is anything other than pre-planned outcomes?  In that case, being over the top is more appropriate than trying to make it sound like it's actually a competitive sport.  And if anything, Mean Gene underplayed the absurdity of the sport.  It was absolutely brilliant.  He played a great whipping boy for the wrestlers

The bolded part that you added after I posted has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.  Im not arguing that Mean Gene wasn't good in his day because he was. He was outstanding what Im arguing is all the ignorance about todays announcers being crap