Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

This is one of those weird things that really shows off how good the Twins offense has been as of late. Three straight games with a batter hitting 2+ HR"s in the game. Started with Buxton hitting three, then Polanco with a 2 HR game and last night Rosario with a 2 HR game.

Also, with the best start of his career, or top 3 for sure, Berrios, 7 innings, 0 runs, and 11 K's. Really good start, and then the pen couldn't quite get the shut out done, but having Perkins back in the pen, even with giving up a run, is fun to see.

14 hours ago, Klomp said:

I turned away when the Sox took the ninth inning lead. Man I love this team!

Yeah, that was a lot of fun to watch, I almost stopped watching, but the World Cup Qualifier ended, so I flipped back for the start of the bottom of the 9th, and that was a lot of fun to watch. The White Sox are not a good team at all. August was a really good month, put the Twins are in the right position for the playoffs right now, we'll see if they can keep it up.

Also, Buxton, was feared that he was going to be lost for the rest of the year with a broken bone, turns out to just be a bruise, so hopefully he comes back quickly. Also, hopefully Sano does as well.

Solid win by the Gophers last night, offense still needs work.

Twins with  a much needed win to end the series in Tampa, even though they kept giving up the lead to get the game tied up again, I think that might have actually been good for them. They lost a couple of close games that they had been winning in August, to get a close or at least a hard fought win taken care of to end the series, hopefully that will help them start winning all their series again.

Second tough fought win in a row. Hopefully this will help the Twins jump into a number of series wins. Coming back against the Royals pen is not an easy feat, and the Twins did it against their closer. The young hitters have cooled off which is playing a lot into this dropoff, except for Polanco, so we need Mauer and Dozier to continue to hit. Gibson looks like he's turned some sort of corner though, hopefully that is the case going into next year. Having Santana, Berrios, and Gibson pitching solidly well would mean the Twins shouldn't drop off much from this year. Then you can add in Mejia and someone to fill out the rotation, that wouldn't be a bad rotation.