Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Also, there are lots of rumblings that MNUFC is close to bringing in 21-year old keeper Agustin Rossi from Boca Juniors (one of the biggest clubs in South America) on a 2-year loan with a $12M option to buy. He would instantly be one of the best keepers in MLS and would be the Loons' biggest signing ever. 

https://www.twincities.com/2019/01/14/minnesota-united-interested-in-argentine-goalkeeper-agustin-rossi/

The issue is that he was accused of domestic abuse allegations 2 years ago, which were swept under the rug in order to make his transfer to Boca Juniors go through. 

https://www.clarin.com/sociedad/arquero-agustin-rossi-denunciado-ex-novia_0_ByEJLP1dg.html

The MNFUC supporter's organization put out a statement: 

https://mnwonderwall.com/2019/01/16/official-statement-on-agustin-rossi/

Wonderwall stands for an inclusive, dynamic environment for fans to support Minnesota United FC. We're passionate about our support for the club that we love and the communities in which we operate. Recently, MNUFC has been linked with Agustin Rossi, who has had domestic violence allegations levied against him by a former partner. We urge MNUFC to reconsider this potential transfer as this behavior is unacceptable and is not welcome in our community.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. 

26 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I got 9/20 on that quiz.  Not a big surprise though, because football is really the only sport I follow anymore.  I didn't know Minnesota even had a professional soccer team. 

I knew MN had a soccer team only because @Heimdallr keeps mentioning it. I see that he thinks they need a CB though. Do they have any extra OGs? I sense a possible trade opportunity.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Are we sure they're really a professional team?  Weren't they relegated for being an embarrassing display of soccer to the MLS?  :D

Not even in the bottom-4 teams!

Also still the last MN men's pro team to win a championship (2014). 

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I got 9/20 on that quiz.  Not a big surprise though, because football is really the only sport I follow anymore.  I didn't know Minnesota even had a professional soccer team. 

I only got 5 correct. 😂. I gotta be the least informed MN sports fan on FF...wow!! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I only got 5 correct. 😂. I gotta be the least informed MN sports fan on FF...wow!! 

You might be...I was the lowest at 7, until you just mentioned your score.  :D

My failure was probably because I haven't paid real close attention to any Minnesota team other than the Vikings for probably 15 years (not enough to answer some of those questions anyway).  It doesn't help that I haven't lived there since 2000 either.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2