Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

On 9/8/2017 at 4:28 PM, TENINCH said:

When does Sano get back?

Hopefully this week or early next for mainly DH'ing.

Nice win for the Gophers. Defense looked good, offense rushed the ball well, passing looks better than when we had Mitch in there. 253 yards rushing and 158 passing is nice, and nice to have only a QB throwing passes instead of as much split time as in the first game.

MLB released the tentative 2018 schedule today, and there’s plenty of interesting tidbits in it. 

The Twins will play two of their “home” games against the Indians at Hiram Bithorn Stadium in San Juan on April 17th and 18th (a Tuesday and Wednesday).

For example, the Twins will be heading to Chicago to play the Cubs at a dumphistoric Wrigley Field the weekend of June 29th.

https://www.twinkietown.com/2017/9/12/16296004/mlb-minnesota-twins-2018-season-schedule-released

20 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

The Twins became the first team in history to homer in the first 7 innings of a MLB game. That's pretty awesome. 

I was out at the bar watching the game, wish I had been at the game in person, but chatting with the bar tender whom I know was a lot of fun, because every inning I'd just say, "Well, there's another HR."

21 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

The Twins became the first team in history to homer in the first 7 innings of a MLB game. That's pretty awesome. 

That's the one thing that has always been true about baseball, even though I don't really watch it at all any longer...there's always something new that you've never seen before.  

• Like 2

Twins win, after putting up 16 and 7 HR's the night before, Twins score they're only run in nine innings on a double, advance on a wild pitch and scoring on an error on the throw to third base. Then Rosario wins it in the 10th with a 2 run HR that was just fair. Great to see the Twins win the series and win both ways, not just having to score a ton of runs (though I think since mid August the Twins have scored the most runs in baseball or something around that), but to get great pitching as well.

32 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Twins win, after putting up 16 and 7 HR's the night before, Twins score they're only run in nine innings on a double, advance on a wild pitch and scoring on an error on the throw to third base. Then Rosario wins it in the 10th with a 2 run HR that was just fair. Great to see the Twins win the series and win both ways, not just having to score a ton of runs (though I think since mid August the Twins have scored the most runs in baseball or something around that), but to get great pitching as well.

That has to be right. On August 1, the Twin's run differential was -72. They are currently +8. That is amazing.

Just now, JDBrocks said:

That has to be right. On August 1, the Twin's run differential was -72. They are currently +8. That is amazing.

Okay, that is just crazy, I think that on the broadcast prior to the last game against the Royals (before the San Diego series), the Twins were average over 9 runs per game, still would be there after this series.

Bobby saves a PK, Ramirez comes back from injury to get a goal, and Abu Danladi hits a howler to the far top corner in the 90th minute to upset Montreal on the road despite playing on the other side of the continent 3 days ago... What a game. 

Then one of the Montreal players gets a red card after the game is over for throwing punches xD

Chris Wright will become Minnesota United CEO, leaving Timberwolves

http://www.startribune.com/chris-wright-will-become-minnesota-united-ceo-leaving-timberwolves/445169593/

Longtime Timberwolves front-office executive Chris Wright will be introduced as the Minnesota United soccer team’s new CEO at a Monday news conference, according to multiple people with knowledge of the matter.

Wright has been the Wolves and Lynx president the past 13 years and has spent 26 years with the organization. He was vice president of sales and marketing before becoming president in the teams’ business operations.

Raised in England, he has remained an avid soccer fan and once served as general manager for two Major Indoor Soccer League teams — the Pittsburgh Spirit and Minnesota Strikers — in the 1980s.