Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Just now, RpMc said:

Clearing cap space to make a run at some FA goal scoring hopefully... that's all I can hang my hat on for this being a 1 for 1 deal.  I've no doubt that Fiala will be re-signed, but we've moved a lot of cap space in these deals.

Draft capital wouldn't cost us anything vs the cap this year or probably next year. 1 for 1 is crazy. 

So the Nino for Rask was an epic failure.

Coyle for Donato was a hit (imo)

Granny for Fiala is probably somewhere in between, but that's just not a good return for Granny.

The compensation for these trades, aside from the Coyle one, really do seem low, but that's from our fan value standpoint of the players involved.  The Nino trade was as much about the player we got, as it was the cap space, but there's no doubt the player we got in Rask hasn't panned out at all.

I'm seriously hoping that this is part of a grander plan that includes someone like Anders Lee; a legit goal scorer with size, but we will just have to wait and see.  Right now, this is as close to a "blow up and start over" as we were really going to get. Which likely means that we will continue to be an average team until ownership realizes that a blow up really needs to be a blow up.

Fiala and Granlund have pretty much the same points per 60 (1.77 Fiala to 1.78 Granlund), but Fiala has pretty much double Granlund’s goals per 60). 

Given the opportunity of playing consistent minutes on the top two lines... we can expect reasonable production from Fiala. I would have liked the young Finnish prospect to come with him, but the more I research and think about the deal... it’s not awful, and gives us the chance to add a legit piece this offseason. 

15 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’m actually a big fan of the trades outside the Granlund deal. Fiala is probably a future star, but Granlund is already there, and only 4 years older. 

The tank is on hopefully.

From everything I hear, they're still likely to make the playoffs, just because the rest of the teams below them aren't all that competitive.  

8 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

They will, we would need a complete disaster. I believe there is no way we could even get a top 10 pick at this point losing every game

Technically it's a lottery I believe for the NHL. So there is a slim chance that the Wild, if they missed the playoffs could end up with a top 3 pick, but it would be 1% chance basically.

• Like 1