Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Allianz field is absolutely incredible. The attention to detail and quality of construction is amazing. Best venue in the city.

I love that the supporters section is safe-standing (only 3 in the country) and they specifically used aluminum flooring for maximum stomping noise. It is going to be LOUD.

the 35 degree rake in the upper level and supporters is impressive. The furthest seat from the field is 125 feet.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Allianz field is absolutely incredible. The attention to detail and quality of construction is amazing. Best venue in the city.

I love that the supporters section is safe-standing (only 3 in the country) and they specifically used aluminum flooring for maximum stomping noise. It is going to be LOUD.

the 35 degree rake in the upper level and supporters is impressive. The furthest seat from the field is 125 feet.

Agreed that tour yesterday was incredible! The views from just about every seat in the stadium are excellent. Can't wait for the home opener in April this place is going to be insanely loud

On 3/25/2019 at 10:19 AM, tyler735 said:

Agreed that tour yesterday was incredible! The views from just about every seat in the stadium are excellent. Can't wait for the home opener in April this place is going to be insanely loud

Acoustics must be terrible, can't understand half of what they're saying ;)

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, MNPackfan32 said:

Give me 100,000 years on this planet and I still don't think I'd be able to explain this Wild team.

They suck?  Well, at least that should end the years of just good enough to make the playoffs, but suck enough to never win in them.  

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

They suck?  Well, at least that should end the years of just good enough to make the playoffs, but suck enough to never win in them.  

I don't know, they're 4 points back of the last WC spot and have a pretty brutal schedule. If we don't beat the Coyotes on Sunday it is over.

Dman, Berrios was impressive. It's going to be fun to see how good he ends up being in the next couple of years if he continues to progress. He has several nasty pitches which really gives him a high ceiling. It was also nice to see Buxton get a hit yesterday, if he can string together a few games to start the season with a hit, I think that we won't see an early season slump like we have seen from him before.

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

United are gonna win the MLS Cup this year, Twins are gonna win the World Series. Things are looking up in the world of Minnesota sports. 

I'll be surprised if the Twins are above .500 at the end of the season, let alone win the World Series.  :D

Edited by swede700

Just now, skywindO2 said:

Oh ye of little faith.

I haven't had any faith in the Twins in 25 years.  They were just toying with the fanbase in the 'aughts' when Mauer and Morneau were in their prime.  They were never serious contenders for anything...as they were really only any good because the division was so very bad.  They had their couple of shots in '02 and '06 (where they should have taken advantage of it) and blew it.  

Edited by swede700

The one Twins loss was unfortunate, but it was fun to see them put up a lot of runs on Sunday. I think this is going to be a decent team as Nelson Cruz really is the middle of the line-up bat that we've bee missing for a while. It's also just a lot of fun watching baseball. The starting pitching has been good, and Buxton has been hitting which has been great.

41 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

The one Twins loss was unfortunate, but it was fun to see them put up a lot of runs on Sunday. I think this is going to be a decent team as Nelson Cruz really is the middle of the line-up bat that we've bee missing for a while. It's also just a lot of fun watching baseball. The starting pitching has been good, and Buxton has been hitting which has been great.

If they are still in the race come August, then maybe I'll start to pay attention (Unfortunately, I've become one of the dreaded fairweather fans).  I've heard good April baseball from them before only to tank in May and June.  I really do hope they turn the corner and are able to compete consistently again, but I'm just not counting on it.