Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

48 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I don't think you want Ocho Cinco on your side...what has he ever won?  Certainly not any playoff games that he actually participated in.  

My fantasy football championship in 2002.

Edited by Worm Guts
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

My fantasy football championship in 2002.

He may have won you a fantasy title, but he still couldn't help the Bengals win more than 2 games.  Hell, they got swept by the last Browns team to make the playoffs.  

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I don't think you want Ocho Cinco on your side...what has he ever won?  Certainly not any playoff games that he actually participated in.  

I mean I still like Cris Carter and Randy Moss despite them never winning anything important ;)

Twins thumped the Blue Jays, which they should do. Perez was on fire last night and three more home runs, including Rosario getting back to tied for the league lead. And Castro with another one. With Castro hitting, Garver hitting , and Austodillo hitting before he got injured, we have a lot of depth at catcher right now. I'd strongly consider trading Castro closer to the deadline, as long as Garver and Austodillo are healthy.

22 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I mean I still like Cris Carter and Randy Moss despite them never winning anything important ;)

True, but even if they didn't win often in the playoffs, at least they showed up.  Ocho had 7 catches in his entire career in the playoffs...Moss and Carter had at least that much in 5 separate playoff seasons alone.  Ocho was the biggest talk the talk, but not walk the walk in the recent history of the NFL at the WR position.  He's the complete opposite of Lynn Swann, great in the regular season, disappears in the playoffs.   

Edited by swede700

I think the Twins need to consider signing Kimbrell. In the perfect scenario, they would maintain this pace or close to it and be able to sign him after the draft to avoid losing draft picks. Kimbrel with Reed and Sano coming back healthy would make them a threat in the AL.

Sano looks like he is doing well in his rehab stint and definitely looks like he is in better shape. 

Kepler
Polanco
Cruz
Rosario
Sano
Schoop
Garver
Buxton

Looks pretty good to me.

I expect Kimbrel to get signed by someone in June, I think that is when losing draft pick ends. The bigger issue though is that Kimbrel wants such a long deal, we'll see if that is the case now, maybe he'll sign a one year deal, but it might be five years.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

With Castro hitting, Garver hitting , and Austodillo hitting before he got injured, we have a lot of depth at catcher right now. I'd strongly consider trading Castro closer to the deadline, as long as Garver and Austodillo are healthy.

With Astudillo's flexibility to use him in a utility role, I don't think we need to deal one of them. 

5 minutes ago, Klomp said:

With Astudillo's flexibility to use him in a utility role, I don't think we need to deal one of them. 

I don't think we need to, but Castro as a catcher to some contending in the NL and getting back a RP, that's fine by me.