Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

2 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Oh yeah, maybe that was it.

Then they had to move to Williams Arena for the playoffs because of the Wild starting pre-season workouts etc.

I imagine it was quite the atmosphere...I think the last time I was at the Barn was in the mid-80s and it was old then, but I loved the place.  xD

30 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think it’s time we show the ladies some respect and replace Loons with Lynx in the title of the thread. 

Heimdallr loves him some Loons tho.  But really...the most successful of MN teams should anchor the thread.  If and when the "Loons" are not the Jets/Browns/Jags of the MLS, then we can start discussing them as being worthy of thread title participation.  

5 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Heimdallr loves him some Loons tho.  But really...the most successful of MN teams should anchor the thread.  If and when the "Loons" are not the Jets/Browns/Jags of the MLS, then we can start discussing them as being worthy of thread title participation.  

Uhm, excuse me? The Loons won a league title in 2014. What have the Gophers or Wolves done in the last 50 years?

Also, we have won 3 of the last 4 games, are still in the playoff race, and are not even close to being the worst team in the league. We ain't no Browns. 

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I knit know he does, but I’d be willing to bet that most people in Minnesota doesn’t even realize that the Loons exist. 

I feel like most people know they exist because it was pretty big news when we got a MLS franchise. How many watch them or pay attention now is questionable.

33 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Uhm, excuse me? The Loons won a league title in 2014. What have the Gophers or Wolves done in the last 50 years?

Also, we have won 3 of the last 4 games, are still in the playoff race, and are not even close to being the worst team in the league. We ain't no Browns. 

Minor League titles don't count.  :P

Just now, disaacs said:

Minor League titles don't count.  :P

It is funny, currently the NASL is suing the US Soccer Federation because they won't give the NASL a Division 1 designation (same as MLS). They say it is an unfair monopoly and they should be allowed to compete in that market. Never mind the fact that the NASL only has 8 teams (and most are only there because they cannot afford the exit fee) and the league is basically bankrupt. There were some good teams in that league a few years ago, but the people running the league office are complete morons.

It's not the same people that killed the old NASL is it?  :D  One of the earliest recollections of my childhood was watching Alan Willey and Tino Lettieri play for the Kicks (apparently, one of my HS friends is really good friends of Willey, as they go to the same church).

Edited by disaacs

5 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

The most successful program in Minnesota is the Gopher Women's Hockey team with 7 National Championships.  The Men's Hockey Program has 5.  3 Championships for the Wrestling Team and 1 for Golf.  All meet your criteria.

6 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I believe it was just part of the season, they were at Target Center for at least the start of the season, and I thought it was the playoffs (or near that) where they moved to Williams Arena.

6 hours ago, disaacs said:

I wasn't sure since I'm not there...but I also heard that they were playing some games at the X too.  

Just to be factual, the entire regular season was at the X.