Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

7 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Aaron Hicks won that game, but it never should have gone that far. Ump stole that win when he missed strike three on that Duffey pitch.

It was 1 run game in the 8th. Even if the ump gives Duffy that call, it's not over.

3 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

It was 1 run game in the 8th. Even if the ump gives Duffy that call, it's not over.

Right, but they would have had the lead going into the 8th, and would have saved Harper. 

At any rate, while the pen needs major help I was very happy to see the fight in this team against the Yankees. 

As far as Rogers goes, I think he needs some help. It has to be brutal to know that you have to be perfect night in and night out, pitching 6 and 7 out saves, and knowing that they are going to call you in because the rest of the guys can't hold a lead for you. Adding another quality arm will make the other guys better. I think Duffy, Harper, Rogers, and Thorpe all belong. Stewart, May, Parker, Littel cannot be used for anything other than eating up innings in blowouts.

There's just no question that major moves have to be made to improve this pitching staff. If this team wants fans to believe they really care about winning, they cannot squander the historic offensive production by letting the bullpen p*ss games away. 

There is an abundance of minor league talent. But the Twins have to realize, at some point, the title of "best farm system" doesn't win World Series Trophies. 

9 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Hey I just thought a temporary demotion would do some good. A lot of people wanted him shipped out for nothing

I've said this before but I really have to stop reading Facebook comments

You still use Facebook?  :D

1 hour ago, Worm Guts said:

Nope, it's not over, but that was literally a 2 run missed call. So had Sano done what he did in the bottom of the 8th, the game is probably over.

Just now, The Gnat said:

Nope, it's not over, but that was literally a 2 run missed call. So had Sano done what he did in the bottom of the 8th, the game is probably over.

Yeah, but it's tough to assume everything stays the same going forward.  And while that pitch should have been called a strike, it was right on the line of the box. It was a borderline call.

10 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Only saw the pitch in hindsight, but watching the last two innings it didn't seem like the ump was giving anything low in the strike zone

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

27 runs in 3 games and we lost 2/3. Ugh

Yep. If this team doesn't make drastic moves to improve the pitching staff before the trade deadline, they may as well tell the fans "we don't really care about winning it all." They've traded two relievers for cash considerations in the last week or so. That cash had better go to a front-line starter and a couple of bullpen arms.

There's no point in having one of the best farm systems around if that only gets you knocked out by the Yankees in the first round.

The fact that they've nearly blown a 13 game lead should really put some of the front office folks on the hot seat. There is an obvious, substantial, and glaring weakness on the team. They've done nothing to address it, and by the time the deadline hits, that weakness could put us in a tie with (or behind) the Indians.  

Advanced issues found

12 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

There's no point in having one of the best farm systems around if that only gets you knocked out by the Yankees in the first round.

I'm convinced that they could trade for Chapman from the Yankees and still lose in the 1st round to the Yankees.  It doesn't matter who plays for the Yankees or the Twins, the Twins can't win.  They haven't been able to do so for 20 years, why would it change by adding a reliever or 2?