Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

It’s going to be tough to win a playoff series with the way the starting rotation has been going lately.  Odorizzi has been serviceable, Berrios has been good for the last 2 starts after being terrible, Gibson and Perez have been bad. The Twins are probably going to have to piece some games together.

Edited by Worm Guts

17 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

It’s going to be tough to win a playoff series with the way the starting rotation has been going lately.  Odorizzi has been serviceable, Berrios has been good for the last 2 starts after being terrible, Gibson and Perez have been bad. The Twins are probably going to have to piece some games together.

With the exception of the Astros, basically every team in baseball is going to have to do that, well maybe not every team, but the Yankees for sure. Same for the A's and Rays. Not so much the Indians.

The Twins did their best to try and keep pace with the Vikings in scoring, but just weren't able to keep up with them. 

It was awesome to have Cruz hit HR number 40 of the season and 400 of his career. That's a great milestone.

Also, Sano is murdering the ball, and that's great. Downside, the Twins keep on getting dinged up. Need to get Kepler back for the start of the playoffs, and Garver left with a bit of hip tightness, I believe, need him to be healthy for a playoff push.

First Vixen tryout has happened and we have two more in October.  If you know of anyone who might be interested, send them over to mnvixen.com and they can register for tryouts.  If they have any questions about it, feel free to PM me.  Looks like we will be stepping up into Division I competition this year, and will definitely be looking into adding to our already deep talent pool!

• Like 2

With Gibson battling Ulcerative Colitis and losing a lot of weight and strength I think it's smart to move him to the pen. He's really only been effective once or twice through the lineup. 

I could see a 3 man rotation for the ALDS, giving Gibson time to get healthy(er?). They can use some combination of Perez, Dobnak, and Gibson on short leashes.