Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Went to my first game at Allianz last night.

Disclaimer:  I'm not a soccer fan in the least unless it's time for the Women's World Cup (if I'm going to watch, the team I'm rooting for is going to have a shot at it all... sorry USMNT), but the stadium is awesome, the fans are pretty good, and the game is much more fun to watch in person that it is on the tube. Went with the Vixen team owner, and was sitting first row on the NE side.  Very fun to be a part of clinching the playoffs.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Twins did it.

Besides making the playoffs, they have hit HR 300 this season.

They were tied at 299 going into today with the Yankees, and because of a day game, we got to 300 before them. First team in MLB history to hit 300 HR's in a season.

Who got it? It was a fun lineup to see

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I'm going to guess that Boone wins it. 30 guys on the IL, won more games in a better division.

I could see that but the twins went was past expectations and Baldelli had to manage around a suspect starting rotation and bullpen most of the season.

The most impressive might have been how after they lost the division lead and every one started counting them out again, they took the let right back again and never looked back

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

so are the Twins likely to go deep in the playoffs?

what are the top teams expected to make it to the WS?

Probably the Astros from the AL and the Dodgers in the NL.

Twins will probably play the Yankees in the division round. Twins will be the underdog,

Edited by Worm Guts
  • Like 1

I went to a Minnesota United game 2 weeks back vs Real Salt Lake....enjoyed the match and I felt that  the atmosphere in the stadium was fantastic. My seats were near the standing section and so it was even more enjoyable. 

I don't really care for baseball but still good to see a Minnesota team in playoffs

• Like 2