Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, KOTN-93 said:

This is a great signing, IMO. He was their most consistent and steady starter last year, and was really getting dialed in before the suspension. He'll miss ~7 starts, but if he can pick up where he left off, the middle of the rotation will be very good.

Now go get Bumgarner or Ryu, and trade for Jon Gray.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

This is a great signing, IMO. He was their most consistent and steady starter last year, and was really getting dialed in before the suspension. He'll miss ~7 starts, but if he can pick up where he left off, the middle of the rotation will be very good.

Now go get Bumgarner or Ryu, and trade for Jon Gray.

Completely agreed on Pineda. I like the of Bumgarner as vet in the pitching stsff so if they could get him for a reasonable price then do it.

Well, the T-Wolves have been terrible, but thankfully, the Wild have picked up the slack and they have been on a roll as of late. Beating Edmonton used to be easy, but they have some nice firepower now, and the Wild were able to keep up with them somehow. Kunin scoring has been great for the team.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:55 AM, The Gnat said:

Well, the T-Wolves have been terrible, but thankfully, the Wild have picked up the slack and they have been on a roll as of late. Beating Edmonton used to be easy, but they have some nice firepower now, and the Wild were able to keep up with them somehow. Kunin scoring has been great for the team.

T-Wolves need to make a trade and pick up a guy to turn this thing around.

8 hours ago, TENINCH said:

T-Wolves need to make a trade and pick up a guy to turn this thing around.

I think the Timberwolves are just destined to be a snake bitten, lower mid-tier team. I feel bad that we wasted the best years of KG’s career and seem likely to do the same to KAT. 

On 12/14/2019 at 5:48 PM, wcblack34 said:

I think the Timberwolves are just destined to be a snake bitten, lower mid-tier team. I feel bad that we wasted the best years of KG’s career and seem likely to do the same to KAT. 

They haven't been helped by karma, but their propensity to punch themselves in the nuts since the franchise started has caused more problems than anything that has ever happened to them.  You can only ride the failure of lottery luck and small market demographics so long.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

MadBaum signed with the Dbacks yesterday. Leaving only Ryu as the only pitcher left that I think most would classify as an impact pitcher.

It sure seems like the Twins are gonna fail at bringing in the impact pitcher they need (shocker). 

With that though, I'm not sure that I would have signed MadBaum for that long considering his IP and splits away from San Fran. I'd take Dallas Keuchel on a 3 year deal. But Ryu would be preferred.

I will continue to insist that until the economics of baseball are dramatically changed, the Twins will never be able to compete for the top free agents regardless of whatever the Pohlads even are willing to spend.  The economic systems of MLB (and to another degree, the NBA) are so skewed (and screwed up) towards big markets, the middle to small markets have little to no chance.  It's why we continue to see the only teams in play for top free agents are LA, Boston, Chicago, NY, Philly et al.  The smaller markets have little chance unless they are willing to significantly overpay.  In the case of a Gerrit Cole, they probably would have had to pay $350M or more to bring him in.  A mid-market team can't do that, because that can't ever make it up in revenue, despite what most think.  The Twins don't even generate that amount of revenue in 1 season.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1