Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

Personally, I want nothing to do with trading for DeAngelo Russell. I would not give up much to have the pleasure of paying him max money. It's bad enough already having to pay Wiggins the max.  A core of KAT/Wiggins/Russell isn't getting you anywhere.  Just disaster

I'm all for folding the franchise. The way the NBA is built now Minnesota will never have a successful franchise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I'm all for folding the franchise. The way the NBA is built now Minnesota will never have a successful franchise.

I've been saying that for some time...as far as I'm concerned the NBA system is completely and utterly broken.  Stern started it during his tenure (in consort with Jordan) and Silver is just continuing it.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They must not be confident that he can stay healthy.

i don’t mind the move - Maeda improves the rotation at a good price. I’d much rather have Maeda than Wheeler with that contract. Maeda has playoff experience and can come out of the pen if necessary. 

I’m sort of disappointed that we won’t get to see what Graterol could have done.

19 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I’m sort of disappointed that we won’t get to see what Graterol could have done.

Sure we will. Just like we got to see what David Ortiz could do...with the Red Sox.

This team doesn’t need a 3-4 starter. It needs a true Ace. He was our best chance at having one. Maybe he won’t turn into one, but we already know Maeda won’t. 

I also hate this move because we went out and got Donaldson. That means we have 3 massive trade pieces in the minors that almost certainly won’t be on the opening day roster. We could have moved them last year at the deadline for pitching. Instead, we move our best pitching prospect for a mid-tier guy. It just doesn’t make sense. 

8 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Sure we will. Just like we got to see what David Ortiz could do...with the Red Sox.

This team doesn’t need a 3-4 starter. It needs a true Ace. He was our best chance at having one. Maybe he won’t turn into one, but we already know Maeda won’t. 

I also hate this move because we went out and got Donaldson. That means we have 3 massive trade pieces in the minors that almost certainly won’t be on the opening day roster. We could have moved them last year at the deadline for pitching. Instead, we move our best pitching prospect for a mid-tier guy. It just doesn’t make sense. 

If the Twins are convinced that Graterol won’t become a starter then this is a good move. He was not going to be an impact pitcher this year, and this was a win now move. I also have to believe that if things go according to plan this year that we will see another move at the deadline. The lineup is stacked, the bullpen looks to be one of the best in the majors, the rotation when healthy has 4 guys that could be solid #2s on other teams, they have a farm system full of high potential prospects, and they really only need a true staff ace. They are in a better place than they were last year with a core that isn’t going anywhere soon.

I understand and respect your opinion though. It’s hard to watch a guy that throws 103 moves for an older mid rotation arm. The David Ortiz comp is silly. Entirely different scenarios.