Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm not going to count my chickens, but if he can manage to get cleared by the NCAA despite having already signed with an agent, that would dramatically change the outlook of this odd season.

I've got to believe that the NCAA will make some sort of provision to allow these guys to opt back in now that there will be a season. That would be a PR nightmare for the NCAA if they chose not to go that route.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

What does this mean in NFL terms?

The United roster was looking pretty good at most positions, but they are just missing a consistent goal scorer up top, which they now have with Kamara. I'd say an NFL equivalent at this point would be a team needing a WR signing a guy like Adam Theilen. Likely won't ever be in contention for top 3 (elite) at his position, but just goes out and produces great numbers every year.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I see he's the 5th leading scorer all time, does that mean he's toward the end of his playing career? How much gas does he have left in the tank, and what does he bring to the table?  I'm just an amateur Loons fan at this point.

Yeah he's definitely on the back end of his career, but he's still been the leading goal scorer on his team the past several years, and has shown he can still score some really acrobatic goals such as the one I posted above from last season. Basically, they identified the biggest need on their roster and I'd imagine they think this is a team that can make a legitimate playoff run this year, so they went out and got a guy that should be able to step in immediately and make an impact scoring goals.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 4:33 PM, swede700 said:

Just toss it up to him every play.  Like Randy, he'll come down with it more often than not...let's call it the Rashod Ratio.  🤣

I think I like just, “ The Rashio” better. Seems more Fleck-like. 

• Like 1